I have in the past couple years started using vib-E lures during the colder months to fish for saugeye and walleye. I however been having a hard time with spending the money on them and getting lures that get snagged often and or break hooks off. So I decided to make my own. I made and finished two of them sofar and tried a concept that didn't work well. So this is how I did it. I took a piece of cheap stainless. I mean cheap as it's magnetic but resists rust. I cut it to shape and used a bench grinder to finish in shape. Then I welded a good size bead on it for the weight and drilled holes for attachment spots and the hooks. Then I used some automotive body filler to finish the shape of the front weighted area. Painted it, then installed hooks. I went real cheap to start by using the leftover split rings off the broken baits I had laying around. When trying it out it seemed to have a great wobble side to side unlike any of the other vibE style lures.