close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zucchini Bread

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by .RiverRat, Sep 24, 2008.

1. After a great meal of squirrel or rabbit, you might be looking for something a little sweet to go with your after dinner coffee. This Zucchini Bread is just the thing you're looking for, plus it helps use up those last zucchini from the garden.

[​IMG]

Zucchini Bread

INGREDIENTS:
    * 3 eggs
    * 1 cup vegetable oil
    * 1 cups white sugar
    * 1 cups brown sugar
    * 2 cups grated zucchini
    * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    * 3 cups all-purpose flour
    * 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
    2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
    3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.

Joe

2. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

I have a tremendous amount of apples this year, so I just took this recipe and replaced the zuchini with crushed apples. What a great way to get rid of some of the apples and it made a very tasty snack which can easily be frozen and thawed when wanted another day. Try it, you'll like it!

3. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Heres another good one using zucchini :)

Zucchini Brownies

4 eggs
    1 1/2 C. oil
    2 C. sugar
    2 C. flour
    2 t. baking soda
    2 t. cinnamon
    1 t. salt
    4 T. cocoa
    1 t. vanilla
    3 C. shredded zucchini
    Beat together eggs, oil, & sugar. Then add the remaining ingred. and spread in a pan (sprayed with Pam) Bake 350 for 25-30 min. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar when cool.
    I made cream cheese frosting and put on this...........Yummy!!! This is very moist and almost "cakelike" :) WB