close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ZOOM Horny toad

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by joefish422, Aug 4, 2005.

1. have anyone had success with them i am thinking about giving them a try.

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I have been using them a lot this year. I have found them to be productive under the right citations (just like any other lure out there it has a time and place where it is most productive). The only problem I have had is getting good solid hookups. they are a very bulky soft plastic and even with an extra wide gap hook your hook up ratio is not that great. Mine is getting better but just keep that in mind when first start to use them. For example my first outing on a private pond I had 8 blowups on this lure and only hooked 5 and landed a total of 4. That is like horrible for me. I am still looking for a great hook to use on it but am not having much luck. There are a few other small time manufactures that have made copies or rip offs of the Horney Toad and some seem to have a smaller profile which may lead to better hook ups.

Give them a shot and don’t be afraid to fish them below the surface as well as on top. Good luck and lets see some pics of some of the fish you land while fishing these things.

:D

3. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

i got 8 lm on sat.with them.try the mustad ultra lock worm hook 2/0.lost only 2.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I'm surprised you use a 2/0 hook. You should try like a 4/0 or 5/0 in Gamm. EWG or G-lock. That should work just fine. I got a bag at Walmart for $2.00 and will be trying them in a farm pond soon. Good report.