close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zone Alarm went crazy???

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by peon, Jul 10, 2008.

1. peon

peon account delete

i have had zone alarm for a couple of months and it has been great... and now for some reason i cant do anything when its opened and running.. web sites time out and none of my programs will connect ( yahoo im , myspace im, ect)

i came home from work and it was like this one day.. the day before it was fine.... and no one was on my pc.. hmmm help please lol....i have to turn it off to do anything and dont like to do so...

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

If you're running XP, you might want to try a system restore to a date when everything was working correctly.

3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Also if you are running Vista I know that it tends to have issues with it. Vista has problems and the new IE has connection issues with a lot of pages on the net.

GL post back and let us know.

4. If you are running Windows XP, SP-2 and have your "Security Center" (in your control panel) set to "automatically download updates" it is possible that your operating system was automatically upgraded to SP-3.

SP-3 interferes with Zone Alarm by turning off your internet connection. It may also cause other problems with ZA.

Microsoft currently does not have a fix for this and most likely will not address this issue, but I found this fix on the Zone Alarm web site:

http://tinyurl.com/5uxlax

Before attempting the above fix make sure that you are running Windows XP, SP-3 and not Windows XP, SP-2 or Vista in which neither have any ZA issues.

If this fix does not fix your ZA problems then poke around on the ZA forum for more possible solutions.

Ever since MS came out with SP-3 for Windows XP Home/Pro it has caused many problems.

Terry

5. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

I had the same problem so called my internet 24 7 line and they said that an automatic update from microsoft/windows caused zone alarm to change the fire wall settings. I to could not access the internet and timed out all the time. This was because one of the firewall settings was automatically set to high. THey told me to switch both to medium and it would work (This is is zone alarm when you right click the z in the system tray. Then click fire wall and you will see the little sliders for high/medium or low) It sure did and now everything is okay.

Hope this helps
    BMF

6. peon

peon account delete

switched to medium on the firewall and its all good .. this all came about after the electric went out and a restart..

7. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

I had problems connecting to the internet after I installed Microsoft Update KB951748.

Microsoft Update KB951748 is known to cause loss of internet access for ZoneAlarm users on Windows XP/2000. Windows Vista users are not affected.

Impact : Sudden loss of internet access

To solve the problem, simply install the latest version of zone alarm, Date Published : 8 July 2008:

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/home.jsp
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html

8. peon

peon account delete

ya my zonealram just asked for an update and i did so and its fine,,,,,