close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zepernick Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by "J", Sep 2, 2004.

1. "J"

"J"

Anyone hear anything about this lake closing for the winter? Talked to a guy who said he fished there the other day and he said there was a sign posted saying it was to close around the 20 of Sept. I haven't fished the lake for a couple of years but never heard of it closong before.

2. I've never fished there but would like to go there someday. It's not too far away and I hear its great bass fishing.

3. I fish Zepernick often and have never heard of them shutting it down. maybe they are trying something diffrent this year. Zepernick and a nice little lake to fish. I fish it from my kayak. there is a 15 inch limit on Bass there which helps keep some good sized fish in there. biggest i have gotten out of there was about 3 1/2 pounds this year on a yum dinger. plenty of 2 lbrs though. and seen alot bigger on beds or floating. Lots of weeds and lots of lilly pads to fish and since its a small lake it dosnt get alot of boat pressure but it does get alot of pounding from the shore.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I havent been out there for a few years but last time I was out there was in january ice fishing, did pretty good on the gills in the 7-9''

5. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I want to fish this lake, and is on my list of "must fish" lakes, but haven't went out there yet. I might hit it next weekend. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I assume there is a launch for my little 12 footer. Are there any other specifics I need to know? How many acres is it, and is it man made or natural?

6. Zepernick Lake is located southeast of Alliance. Yes, there is a boat ramp; however, you're only allowed to use electric motors. See the maps below.

Scott

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AndroDoug

Thanks Goin Fishin, I knew it was somewhere down in that general area! I also see we both share an affinity towards bright orange muscle cars!

I am also going to make a guess...what are the other two lakes in that picture right beside Zep? Do those happen to be Evans and Pine that I have heard about before on this and other sites? I am making this assumption because they are surrounded by roads. I heard they were sold to condo developers. Dam shame if you ask me. Just what this world needs, more natural resources taken away from the public and sold to exclusive company. :mad:

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

evans and pine were awesome bass lakes too

9. AndroDoug

Hey ProCraft, has Beaver Creek come down to a level that will be fishable in the next 3 days, yet?

10. Zep is a big pond. Used to do great there in the early morning and at night out of a small boat. Haven't fished it in along time, but I know it has good numbers of 1-2 1/2 lb bass in it as does Highlandtown which is bigger and has a wider variety of fish in it.

11. AndroDoug, yes, Evans and Pine lakes are no longer available to the public. It's a darn shame. I owned a '70 Mach I just like the one in my avatar, but I sold it in 1975. I sure wish that I had never sold that car!

Scott

12. I hit Zepernick on Saturday night. The only sign I saw about closing was on sept 1st it was only open to hunters and fishermen. Its probably a safty precaution for Non hunters in the woods. Fishing was real slow I only caught 2 small bass but lost what appeared to be a real nice one deep in the lilly pads. I need to get a scum frog out there some day and see how i do.