Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a couple of reels like the Zebco 202 and 303 only made to high quality standards. I don't care about the price, I want quality. Some people you bring aboard your boat have'nt been fishing all their lives and need a tool that is user friendly. On the water is not the best place to teach someone how to use a spinning reel or a baicaster. I bought Omega Pro reels and they only cast about 10 feet. I want these non angler friends to be able to cast into trees, boat docks, bridges and everything else like I did when my dad bought me a Zebco. Again price is not a factor, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
So far the Zebco Bullet is the best spincast reel I’ve found, by a large margin. The Delta is pretty good too though the ratio is painfully slow. But all spincast reels work by the same principles, and need regular cleaning and fresh line or they all have the same issues. If you’re having trouble with the Omega, I doubt another model will be any different for you. Try cleaning the Omega and use fresh line.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I grew up fishing OLD Johnson reels. 710's, Sabras...even the old Century and Citation reels were overbuilt back then. I keep a handful of them around out of nostalgia and just for instances like yours. If they hang up casting, dip them in the lake and they're good for another trip or 2.

The old Diawa Goldcast were really good too. Can't speak to anything less than 30-40 years old.

·
Catcher of big fish
655 Posts
Zebco Bullet is about as good a spin cast as can buy, but there is supposed to be an even better model coming soon. I would guess it would be available for the holidays. As soon as it’s available I’ll be buying one for my wife.
I agree with you, sometimes it’s just easier to give people a good quality spincaster and let them fish.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Zebco 33’s are still a decent reel, and can be picked up pretty cheap at Wally World. They usually come pre-loaded with 10# Cajun line which is fine for what you want to use them for. You can pickup a rod/reel combo for $30 or less!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts