close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zander

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnboy111711, Nov 24, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

anyone ever go to europe to fish for these fish? I was looking at a few sites and they fish for pike and zander in much the same way they fish for carp. It's all very amazing!

2. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Never been but heard they where stocked over here in the US in select lakes years ago. From what I hear the stocking did not get the results they wanted and they discontinued it. Rumur is there are a couple lakes in the USA with small breeding populations of them. It is a cool fish, pretty much walleye's big brother but from what I hear they fight harder and taste just as good, it would be cool to catch one, especially as large as they get over there. Here is a pic I found of one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

They do look alot alike, I was on a few UK sites looking at them and was surpirised to even see they white tsil spot.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

The guy who drew our Hawg Fest logo lives in Denmark, and fishes for them all the time over there. He said they get a lot bigger than eyes do, and a lot of guys who fish for salmon over there are avid zander anglers.