Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you bow hunt this weekend, do you have to wear hunter orange and what if you are hunting bow only public land ? I'm pretty sure I have to and will do due to any kind of gun season but just curious. Thanks....Rich

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I believe so.

As for a bow-only area...not sure...I haven't run across any public lands like that.

I was just going to post up a reminder about it being youth deer gun this weekend...beat me to it.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Yes you do. Any type of a GUN season requires everyone to wear hunter orange, whether bow hunting or other.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping for kids hunting the private land beside me and run the deer on the public land I hunt.....Rich

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Glad I stayed home, usually not a lot of shooting in my area youth weekend to move the deer , and with these weather most likely less ....
Good luck to the youth that got out

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
My son saw several deer this morning, but none were in range for a shot from the 20g. Most of what he saw, I saw. I had a spike 10 yards behind me. Would have been a good eater, but I already got a buck this season. I did see a nice 8 point tailing 3 does, so there is still some chasing happening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My son took his sister out this morning and saw 4 doe and hunted till noon. Ashland County. I bow hunted on public land from noon till 5 and only saw a black squirrel and a grey squirrel with a red tail lol. Trumbull County...Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts