close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Youth Fishing Organizations

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShorePup, May 9, 2008.

1. Does anyone know of any youth fishing organizations? I might possibly be acquiring a great amount of fishing gear and would like to donate what I don't want or can't use to an organization that promotes fishing for youths, especially something charitable that might help out kids who are urban and never fished or overty stricken. If there is no org like that or can't take the gear, I will sell it on the marketplace forumn and donate the proceeds.
    Thanks in advance.

2. quadfisher

quadfisher disabled fishing nut!

if you want to, the local chapter of Fishing Has No Boundaries could probably use some of the poles. http://www.fhnbinc.org/chapters/columbus.htm

3. I haven't heard anything else about the gear I was supposed to get. But when and if I do, you all will hear about it.

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I have a friend who runs a non profit Youth Camp in Ashtabula County that could use some of that equipment if it isn't to far to ship. If you are looking for something closer, have you tried Big Brothers/Sisters? How about a local Boy Scouts or Girl Scout organization?

5. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

jess- i would be willing to drive it down there if this go through, as long as the gear isnt to far from cleveland- or can be shipped here (if its cheaper than all the way to ashty)

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

George, with gas prices being as they are, shipping would probably be cheaper that driving this days. I appreciate the offer though. :C

7. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

just wanted to throw it out there jess, i drive through ashtabula at least once a week usually, so it wouldnt be out of the way. Either way, like i said- just wanted to try to help the young'ns out ;)