Ohio Game Fishing banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Just a head start for the parent to get a deer. I have seen some of these kids who got deer and they really could care less but the dad was the one excited. Just like the girl who shot buck a few years ago, tracked it and shot it again, still no kill but her dad went out later and finished the job as she was tired and lost interest. These kids can't even hold up the heavy gun. Somebody gonna get hurt. Just like the 6 year old with the crossbow killing a 10 point, can't even cock the bow, can't hold the bow, can gut the animal, can't drag it out. Get rid of this child hunting.
Jeeez...Who pissed in your Cheerios?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
And I forgot to mention the numbers. The first youth season ODNR boasted they sold 15,000+ licenses and the youth killed 7500 deer, a 50 % kill rate and the same year they sold 400,000+ adult licenses with 130,000 deer killed, a 26% kill rate. I watched these numbers for a couple of years and the youth kill rate stayed around 50%. So the youth are better hunters than the adults ???? No its the parents killing the deer, Ok maybe not pulling the trigger but setting up the stand/bling , scouting, doing everything they did every year and the kid with a gun or bow on a tripod just pulled the trigger. I know of couple cases where parent actually shot the deer and the kid watched.
Its a scam so the parents can get a jump on the season, beat the general public during the end of the rut and get an early deer. Its unfair to the other 400,000 hunters.
Holy cow....Have you seen a doctor yet for the Giant stick up your ass? You know, thatcan be removed…It would probably positively affect your life and your attitude

·
Registered
633 Posts
And I forgot to mention the numbers. The first youth season ODNR boasted they sold 15,000+ licenses and the youth killed 7500 deer, a 50 % kill rate and the same year they sold 400,000+ adult licenses with 130,000 deer killed, a 26% kill rate. I watched these numbers for a couple of years and the youth kill rate stayed around 50%. So the youth are better hunters than the adults ???? No its the parents killing the deer, Ok maybe not pulling the trigger but setting up the stand/bling , scouting, doing everything they did every year and the kid with a gun or bow on a tripod just pulled the trigger. I know of couple cases where parent actually shot the deer and the kid watched.
Its a scam so the parents can get a jump on the season, beat the general public during the end of the rut and get an early deer. Its unfair to the other 400,000 hunters.
Shame on you sir. I believe greed and jealousy are considered sins in the good book. And you've, Illustrated exactly why. What's next, ban a father and child throwing a baseball. And by the way, you also didn't do the OP any favors with his post.

Kip

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Shame on you sir. I believe greed and jealousy are considered sins in the good book. And you've, Illustrated exactly why. What's next, ban a father and child throwing a baseball. And by the way, you also didn't do the OP any favors with his post.

Kip
Hopefully this thread will return to how the kids are doing out there today. Great weather for hunt. Hoping the harvest is doing well & memories are being made.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Dang...... know I wasn't born knowing everything, and being able to do everything needed in the woods or in life..... I believe that is what parents are for, and friends to help teach and if needed help with tasks that require help , as I age I find help is very much appreciated..... the circle of life

Planned on bow hunting this morning but that dang bed felt so good, and after making a fire ...... well
Every sit I've seen deer just not the right shot yet, glad their using the automated corn feeder i made for gun season.....
Looking forward to seeing pictures and stories of this weekend hunts

·
Me fail english? That's unpossible.
2,071 Posts
Do you think kids are the only ones who could wound a deer? I guarantee there are plenty of adults out there that have wounded plenty of deer. I personally know of a guy who used to wound 2-4 every year because of bad shots and just not really caring, he could shoot his bow better than me. Guess what, he didn’t start hunting till his early 20’s because he didn’t have anyone to take him out when he was a kid. So hunting ethics weren’t taught to him at a young age, actually they were never taught to him because he was able to hunt on his own from day one.
X2

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
No deer in the truck...yet.

Son had a nice doe come by early, but no shot...she was set on getting someplace, moving at slow trot...same story on a 6pt about 9am.

He started getting cold, we saw a few more deer off moving around...so came home for lunch. Going to head back out in little while.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Yup your right. Alot of parents like myself enjoy setting their children up for success. I get more satisfaction out of putting someone on an animal than killing one myself. I hope some kid kills a giant this year that you have been trying to kill for years

·
Registered
768 Posts
Guess I shouldn't of took my 6 year old out today and let him expierence the excitement of shooting his first deer. 20 yard shot with a 350 and it dropped. As ethical as any shot I've made on a deer and I didnt help him one bit. I've never been so excited, to think someone would rob a kid of that expierence is beyond me...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
'Super Moderator'
13,339 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS to both your son and you jmyers8.
Guarantee that lil fellar will remember this day the rest of his life.

Hopefully this thread will return to how the kids are doing out there today. Great weather for hunt. Hoping the harvest is doing well & memories are being made.
You are absolutely right Bluefinn.
Let's please keep further posts on topic which is hearing the GREAT success stories of this weekends youth hunt. And remember all...those 'success' stories don't have to always include a kill.
If'n you take a child out and spend some time in the woods with them making memories..that's a sure nuff success story.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My 16 year old son finally got his first buck and got it off our own property. He's a great kid and has gotten a lot of deer but never a buck. Tonight that changed. He is so deserving of it. All the hours he has put in a stand. All the help he has given me around the properties we hunt. We both even gave up our best spots to let two youths down the street try and get there first deer. He got it done tonight and the first thing he said was "Dad now the boys can hunt the rest of the season at our good spot cause we're done". Proud father for sure. Those are the things that are taught by taking a kid outdoors.
kangaroo Wallaby Macropodidae Grass Kangaroo

Window Carnivore Dog breed Cargo pants Dog

Plant Flash photography Tree Wood Darkness

41 - 60 of 72 Posts