close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your thought on the RUDI, TJ, WARRICK contracts

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

What is everyones ideas on hwo to handle these things?

I dont think they will let Rudi go. At worst they will put the franchise tag on him. I heard his agent saying that they wanted Ladmanian Tomlinson & Priest Holmes money, at 1st I thought no way, but then realized something ......... He had more yards that each of them !

TJ- I really loved what he did for the Bengals this year, BUT...... I think the team can survive w/out him. The 1st round pick may go for a speed WR, I think a 1st rounder could step up & fill his spot. I would like to see the Bengals sign him though.

Warrick-I use to be a fan of his, but man everyhting I have read suggests that his off season workout routine is really bad. I think marvin Lewis has his fill w/ him & his agent. I'm not sure how much of a hit they ahve to take, but I would not be surprised to see them release Warrick.

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Rudi - We need to sign him BUT not at a ridiculous dollar ammount that will hurt the cap. I can see paying him around 3 million per year maybe but I think 5 million is too much against the salary cap. Marvin proved he can win without the "franchise" running back Dillon. Anyone remember a Bengals running back by the name of Harold Green? He was a good RB back in the early 90's with a few 1000 yard seasons. He just couldn't wait to get out of Cincy. He went and signed with the Falcons. I never heard anything else about him again. No highlights, nothing. I just hope Rudi re-thinks his $$ request. I think he owes Marvin some sort of loyalty because Rudi was on the bench the previous 4 years.

TJ- Same as Rudi. Sign him BUT don't get rediculous. He's a good special teams guy BUT could he do it IF Chad Johnson goes down. Chad received alot of double and triple teams in coverage this year. I'd say somewhere in the 1.4 mill/year range TOPS.

Warrick- Officially in Marivn's Doghouse. Check this out from the Bengals website: “It’s going to be important to get Peter back here and 100 percent,” Lewis said. “It’s going to be important for him to have a big offseason of rehab and conditioning. We learned a valuable lesson last year to stay on top of things better. He’s going to have to continue to meet us in the middle on that and I think he understands the urgency of it now.”

In other words, get off your butt son, this team needs you, and if you don't pack your bags! Marvin Lewis is AWESOME! In Marvin we trust! However I think P-dub will have a great year next year. It's the last year of his contract :rolleyes: .

I've said this before. Looking at the schedule next year, and a healthy Carson Palmer, healthy defense, I see a doulbe digit winning season for the Bengals in 05. Hell they SHOULD have 10 wins in 04.

Thank You Marvin Lewis!

WHO DEY!

Go Bengals! ;)

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I am worried that they will over pay rudi. He is asking for big time dollars and he is only a two down back. Those other backs can be on the field for three downs. Come third down we have to take rudi out and put someone else in. Also it is tough paying two guys that much money for the same position(rudi and Perry). Although TJ made some plays downfield this year I personally don't see him as a strech the field type of receiver and neither is Pdub for that matter and the Bengals might go for a speedburner in the first round if there is a good one on the board. If not they have to go for an interior defensive lineman to plug up the middle and let the LBs roam. In round two i see a center to replace richie brahm after this next season.

4. i agree with all of you about some things. you are right the bengals cant afford to pay rudi a large amount of money when he only plays 1st and 2nd downs and also pay large amounts to perry.as for warrick he needs to strp it up. he isnt the best WR out there and if he ask to much lewis will just have to let him go.the bengals just cant afford rudi,perry,warrick,and johson. the cap will be to large then it would be limited on drafting a good player.as for TJ he had a good year. he played better than what i thought he would.to me i think we should keep all of them but not for Ridicules money. next year they will go to the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. the defence is what they need to work on right now the offence is great.

5. catking

catking Banned

They will not pay Rudi what his agent wants. The Bengals never have and never will break the bank on a player. TJ is far more important to this team. With him and Chad as the #1 tadem duo in the NFL as far as recievers, and Warrick having health problems, it is a MUST to get TJ in the fold. The Bengals have Perry as running back, and are paying him top bucks right now. And they picked up the running back ranked #3 in the draft on their list , from Atlanta. They will offer Rudi what they deem a good and fair salary , and let it go at that. They MIGHT put the franchise tag on him, but that carries some issues also, as in what if you need it next year? Bottom line? TJ is more omportant to this team , as we are a passing team first. Everybody had a cow when we lost Dillion, and it turned out fine. It will now ;) ......... CATKING

6. catking

catking Banned

I just saw on the late news that Rudi said he will not play if the Bengals slap the " Franchise " tag on him this season . He wants a 6 year deal and will sit out if the tag is applied.......... CATKING

7. They better pay Rudi, Perry is a BUST and will never be a BIG TIME NFL back! I can't believe that Marvin Lewis passed on Steven Jackson (traded down) to pick Perry. LOL, only the Bengals!

I like TJ, and if Plax goes elsewhere, TJ might just be playing with the Steelers next year!

8. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

Ohhhhh, TJ in the black and gold, I like that!!

Coming from an outsider's (Steeelrs fan) perspective, why would they draft Perry if they did not have ideas of letting Rudi go? I think that if they release/trade Rudi, keep CJ, TJ, Perry, and even Warrick, they have the potential to be a much more explosive offense as a whole.

Let's make a comparison. If Perry can rush for 1000 yards, and you have Palmer throwing it all over the field to those 3 receivers, I see the Bengals becoming much like the Colts (with a much better defense though). Just a thought.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I dont think anyone really sees Perry has a 1000 yard rusher. I think he is invisiones more of a 70 recpetion RB. His catching ability far outweighs Rudis.

I really love Marvin Lewis, but still cant beleive the Chris Perry pick. I read how for one ti was done because noone knew how Rudi would do over a whole year, but I still dont agree w/ it.

King...... I think thingsa re starting to change in CIN. I agree they dont break the bank, but I think they are starting too..... look @ the resigning of Chad Johnson.

I havent heard the talk of bgingin in Chris Horvan from Minnesota. Now thats ones firey attitude, maybe he could pump up the entire DLine. I wonder if his price tag will be too much.

10. catking

catking Banned

Perry a bust ?? He hasn't even played in the NFL yet, just a few downs. Hey, the guy was a great back at Michigan, and as stated, is GREAT catching the ball. I think he will fit perfectly. Rudi was a nobody also 3 years ago ;) ........... CATKING

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The Bengals will never be a winner with Marvin Lewis at the helm.

12. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

It really doesn't matter who the Coach is...Just like the Browns, once they leave Cincy, and they will eventually, they will start winning. Look what the Ex-Browns (Ravens) have went on to do.

They still will never compare with my Steelers though... ;) :D