close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

your preference

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by jjpugh, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jjpugh

jjpugh sparkeye

what type of line do you all think is best for the ice. and whats the worse. i thinkin about tryin some 4lb cajan. have a friend that swears by it. but he dont ice fish. whats your thoughts and favorites

2. Double J

Double J Capt Jeff

Depends on depth and what your fishing for.A little more info and I'll give my 2 cents.

3. 4 lb test is my all round, foundation line. I like using the Hi-Viz Yellow. I have 6 lb Cajun on one rod for larger species..

4. i use 4# vanish. doesn't get stiff and falls well.

5. I really like the 1 lb test in .25 lb test dia. fireline crystal. its very strong and sensitive, and pretty much vanishes once its under the water just a lil hard to tie so i tie on a no-knot so i don't have to worrie about it. i have broke the stuff while fishing yet.

6. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

p-line 4lb. for eyes, 2lb for gills and crappies. Flouro carbon.

7. i use trilene cold weather 3 pound test. So far have not had any problems with it. Been using it for 4 years

8. I fish with 8# on my rods and 12-20 on my tip-ups for leaders. Thatll handel everything from cats,eyes and pike. Anything smaller would be as mentioned below. I always match the color of the water to the line. Also I was curious on what to use for muskies?