Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the stuff your Mom had to tell you to stop doing many times. It gets to be a thing after a while.

When I was growing up, Mom took pride in making many different home-made soups. I had the habit of eating the broth first, spooning it off until I had sort of a stew version of whatever soup it was. Drove her nuts.

Later it was hot pepper on everything, made her disgusted. That started with Tabasco; she would need a dash of it for some gourmet recipe and the rest of the bottle would sit in the cabinet and turn brown with age. It was freaky weird when she would get a new bottle and it was red. It can do that? Anyway the bug bit me and it was pepper on the table ever since, including smuggling powder into restaurants.

So, (he trolls) what stories do you have?

·
Registered
737 Posts
With 7 kids mom used to make chicken alot I would eat all on the table so there was none left for her to make creme chicken on toast (yuk) the next day. She caught on and started making more.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
7 of us around the table. I sat by mom and my sister to my right on the end. I would slide my fork slowly toward my sises plate and touch it. She would scream and that made mom pull my ear! Dad would throw everyone a piece of bread like he was dealing cards. Drove mom nuts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts