close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

your favorite campground???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bigun, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I am looking for a place to take my little ones and my wife. I was thinking about AEP but I don't know if they would enjoy it. Anybody have any other suggestions?

2. I love AEP, good fishing, middle of nowhere, tons of campsites.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Salt Fork...take the wife kid every year, they have a ball.

4. Shakedown,
    Do you rent a cabin, tent camp or use a camper? My parents always took me there growing up and stayed in a cabin for a week and it was the best. I guess the question for bigun is what kind of camping they are looking to do. I have never been able to find a good place to tent camp around Salt Fork, maybe you know a place that I don't which would be great because that's a lot closer than AEP :)

5. We will be tent camping. Probably 3 full days and two travel days. The bigest question is my daughter, She sisn't really into roughing it at all.

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

8. East fork in Batavia is real nice. 2 beaches - one for campground only and a public one with nice snackbar and showers. Also, plenty for the kids to do. Fishing and boating are pretty good there.

9. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

anyone know of any places where one can camp on the water and catch cats?

I'm dying to camp, get a fire goin, and have a few lines out for some catfish...

10. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Leesville has water spots i did it once it was pretty cool. I like Kennesee's Grand River Resort in Geneva, , 4 ponds loaded with fish beaches on 3 of them and the grand river runs behind it so fishing is great river or ponds, they always have activities and awesome people, my uncle has a trailer there been camping there for years. wineries near by too.

11. zipperneck52

zipperneck52 fished with Noah

My family spent about 8 yrs. at clendenning. Great camping, small store, elec & water + hot showers & great catfishing from the banks.