Your Biggest Verified Ohio Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by fishingredhawk, Jul 24, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I realize that there is already a thread that is quite similar to this.

However, I would like to modify the thread with new rules. In order to post about your bass, the following steps must be followed:

1. List the weight and/or length of the biggest OHIO largemouth or smallmouth that you have ever caught.

2. NO GUESSING on weight and/or length. Do not post the fish unless you actually measured or weighed the fish.

3. List where the fish was caught

4. List the bait you caught the fish on

5. A picture of the bass must accompany the post. Do not post the fish unless you have a picture of it.

The purpose of this post is to see how many big Ohio bass are actually being caught by our members. I'm looking forward to the responses!

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I'll make the first post since I started the thread.

The biggest Ohio largemouth I ever caught weighed 6.0 lbs on a digital scale. It was caught at the AEP recreation lands in the summer of 2007. The fish was caught on a jig.

Here is the picture:
    [​IMG]

The biggest Ohio smallmouth I have ever caught weighed 4.2lbs on a digital scale. The fish was 22" long. It was caught on Alum Creek in the spring of 2008. The fish was caught on a football jig.

Here is the picture:
    [​IMG]

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

17" Smallmouth caught at Hoover in 2007. Caught on a 1/8 chartruse jig and twister:

110307_18461.jpg

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

23.5 inch Largemouth in April 2000. It weighed 7lbs on bass pro shop scale. Fish was caught on a spinnerbait at the famous Antrim Lake.[​IMG]

5. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Here are my best/biggest fish pictures:

- My biggest is a 7.5-pounder caught in 2000. I also caught a 4.5-pounder the same day. (picture of the 7.5-pounder attached)

- My best two fish are a 7-pounder and a 6-pounder caught the same day in 2000. (see picture)

- These were caught on the JignPig in the middle of the Summer time July & August, deep in the hydrilla.

- The public reservoir located on Wheeling Rd. in Fairfield County was drained in 2002. The gulls showed up and ate all of the good fish up over the week or so it drained. It broke my heart!

The ones over 7-pounds are on my wall. The 6lb. & 4.5lb were kept alive until I had some good pictures, and put back into water.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  6. [​IMG]
    25 3/16'' Long, sorry no weight!

7. My biggest weighed largemouth was 5.15lbs caught in an Alum Creek Tournament on a crankbait
    (2008):

[​IMG]

Biggest Smallmouth also came in an Alum Creek tournament on a jig and weighed in at 4.13lbs (2007):

[​IMG]

8. pizza

pizza

nice fish everyone. Great to see pics of hawgs with known weights.

9. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

This is my largest Lake bass. I have a super-secret farm pond in SE Ohio that I can go and catch about 15 5-6lb bass with a spinnerbait in an hour... but that doesn't count haha.

Salt Fork Lake.
    May 4, 2008
    3/8oz Silver spinnerbait
    3.5lbs on the digital

[​IMG]

10. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

4.8 pound on digital scale Zara Spook Private Pond 11-05-05. Great kicker fish for the mornings fishing

[​IMG]

4.4 on Digi Scale. Caught on Zara Spook. Had a blugill tail sticking out of its gullet. Great strike and a powerfull fish.

[​IMG]

Here is 2 pics of my biggest in Ohio 5.6 Pounds on Digital scale My biggest as of yet in Ohio. Crappy digital camera was used no timer on it. was very dissapointed by the outcome of the pics. Measured just over 22 inches. Caught on a Pop R.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. JignPig Guide

Hey CARP104,

Since I took the picture of your hog at Alum Creek, do I get to count that as one that I caught? Isn't that the same as your buddy catching fish bigger than yours out of the front of your boat? The captian of the ship gets to say that he caught it! LOL

12. [​IMG]

7.9 pounds. 23'' on a purple and white 3/4 oz. hair jig off Vermilion in 18 fow.

13. 5.7lb, caught on a 3/8oz KaRu Lures VibraShock on one of the gravel pits in West Carrolton:
    [​IMG]

Smallie on left went 4.9lb, caught on a green pumpkin Venom tube at a "private" lake. :p
    [​IMG]

I've caught a few bigger largemouth...but they were always from the bank and i never had a scale or tape. Just since i had this pic handy (and i'm open to guesses on weight):
    [​IMG]

14. I'm breaking the rules. Do know the weight, but it measured just around 17.5 inches. I caught the fish in my parents stocked pond in Mt.Gilead Ohio. Caught it on a black spinner bait, throwing over top of the deep bowl section of the pond. I don't fish for bass much, so this was my Personal World Record HOG. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Biggest Public caught Bass was at Griggs this past june. Caught this 14 1/2 incher while bobber fishing with my gf's 10 year old Brother. lol
    [​IMG]

my bass are pathetic, I am no BASS MASTER. :(

15. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

23 1/2'', 7.2 lbs. From a STATE LAKE in Columbiana County, Ohio. White Chatterbait. I was in a tournament too, talk about a kicker fish!

Private Ponds/Strip Cuts should not count, to easy

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. those are some real hogs there jig-n-pig

17. JignPig Guide

Thanks stjdad. Those five-pound plus fish sure are fun to chase. But one has gotta have patience.

18. My big bass came early this summer fishing a 5" Yum Dinger in Junebug weightless on a 3/0 EWG hook... using a 6'6" MH Shimano Convergence Rod with a Cablea's Prodigy casting reel spooled with 14 lb. Berkley Vanish Transition. She was 25" length by 17" girth, and went 8 lbs. 13 ounces on my digital Rapala scale, and on a fish calculator it went 8.85 lbs... the two are almost the same weight. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ryan

19. [​IMG]

heres mine caught with reelmanly/chuck at small quarry in columbus on 4 inch green pumkin yum dinger

no scale but figured to be about 26 inches after measuring my shoulders to be about 24 inches wide

20. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Caught this one a couple days ago on a Red Zoom U tail worm.
    No weight,but it was 24 1/2 inches long.
    It was released to be caught another day.

[​IMG]