close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your biggest Ohio LM bass

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by hollandbass, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Ok lets hear it, your personal best LM OHIO only. I dont want to hear about 12lb CA/TX/GA/FL fish! I have been fishing for them for a few years now, and have pulled dozens of 3 to 5lb fish but a few weeks back got this bad boy

[​IMG]

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

PB ohio LM is my 9lb 3oz I pulled from a private pond a few years back...thing sucked down my zoom lizard and didnt think twice....the biggest I have caught this year is a 7lb 2oz from another private pond

hollandbass...how much did it weigh???

3. When you guys going to take me fishing in some of these private ponds in exchange for a day of bass fishing on my boat ;)

My personal best Ohio LM came from knox lake, just a hair over 5lbs. I don't do much pond fishing but I want to catch a 6lb+ fish so I just may have to.

4. that was a 7lb and change ;)

5. 7lb 2oz
    Night fishing a small private lake in Stark County.

Hot August night, throwing Rebel Pop-R's parallel to shore in about 2-3 feet of water. It looked and sounded like someone threw a big phone book down on top of my lure.

That was about 8-9 years ago. Haven't even gotten a 5lber since.

6. monsterseeker06

monsterseeker06 fisherman for life

nice fish,looks healthy too...i landed a 5lb 3 oz 4 weeks ago,he was a little black though..used a salmon fly:)

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I have an 8.5# Ohio largemouth on the wall & in my photo gallery. (before I was C-P-R) I may be alone, but I just dont beleive there are as many 9-10 # Ohio Largemouth caught as people claim. ;)

8. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I got an 8.5 lb bass on March 27th this year at the same pond in Central Ohio I got a 6lb 10oz bass the year before on April 15th. I do admit I wasnt using a digital scale for the 2nd one but I did have a spring scale and a fellow OGF'er for a witness. It registered 8lbs 8oz's but Newbreed wont give me anything more than 7 and a half on it. I tend to agree with him. Now that ive got another digital scale I havent got one over 4lbs. Go figure.

Pics of both are in gallery.

Both pigs were released of course just like every other bass i'll ever catch. I figure in a few years one of those hogs might be pushing the magical 10lb mark. Hopefully i'll get them to fall for a Sluggo again then when theyre all grown up.:D

9. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Heres my pb lm 7lbs and change [​IMG]

heres a 6lber- [​IMG]

:B :B :D

10. i caught a 6.5lber two years ago at a private club i belong to that has a 15 acre lake and a 2 acre lake, this summer ive caught numerous 3-5.5 lbers, 5.5 being my biggest so far this year but fall is coming and the hogs will put the feed bags on soon !!!!!!!!!:D

11. Biggest from a pond was a 10+ pounder from a golf course pond north of columbus. Bottomed our 10 lb scale. Was a giant. Had a crappie tail sticking out 2 inches from its throat and still hit my lure. Could fit both of my hands in its mouth side by side. Smallest bass that day went 4 lbs and most were in the 6 pound range the place was insane. Caught a few 5 and 6 pounders from the ponds around where I work as well.

The biggest from a public area was a 4.5 pounder from alum near africa road.

12. 16 lbs on a jig forgot to take a picture !

13. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

14. Bad Bub

Bad Bub Pushin' Tin

16 lbs. from ohio weav??? i smell a fish story.... would've stood as the new state record for all of eternity. shame you forgot to take a pic.

15. caught one between 5-6lb on a spinnerbait on a small lake on a golf course. Wish I had a pic. Was using a cheap retractable rod and ultralight reel.

16. SConner, well i fish for buckets about 4 times a week and pull my share of fish and the one you have looks like a 3.5lb, 4lb fish max. Just my observation dont take it the wrong way. It took me 1000+ bass to get this 7lb+, i have over 30 4lb fish under my belt.

I am sure the weav way joking ;) Record is 30 years old at 13lb and change.

NorthSouthOhioFisherman, thats a hawg!:B

17. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

hollandbass - thanks for the accurate estimate. Apparantly you didn't read the part where I said "feel free to UP my estimate" lol! Oh well it will be a 10 pounder by the time I'm telling my grandchildren about the epic battle.

18. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Fish looks close to 5. We need to get you to start holding the fish in closer to your body. You get more perspective on the size of the fish. It has a large head which means it's pretty old.

BTW I have caught 2-3 that neared the 7lb. mark but no scale

19. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

thanks for the compliment hollandbass

20. Did I say 16lbs I meant 6lbs whoops! My bad!