close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your "Bad Place".

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wormdrowner, Aug 17, 2005.

1. (Inspired by the "skunky cuyahoga" thread)
    Do you have a place to fish that you just cant do any good at, even if others are? Actually I have two- the Cuyahoga and westbound (south?) side of Rockwell. The largest fish I ever caught out of Rockwell was a 6 inch largemouth...and my buddys dad would be laughing at me pulling in catfish and crappie...doh!...go figure.

2. peon

peon account delete

that sounds like EVERY PLACE I GO!!!!!!!!! :D

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Most Every place I fish is a bad spot.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i still havent caught any steelhead out of the rivers. even with all the great reports rolling in and seeing other guys catch them, i just seem to have a jinx on them.

ive caught them from a boat, from breakwalls (REALLY fun!), and from a boat in the mouth of the river but not once from shore casting into a river, and ive tried more times than i care to admit.

i dont mind though. i enjoy the challenge. keeps it interesting. especially with all the other types of fish and fishing that im into.

another thing that im looking forward to that isnt a jinx but more of just a good challenge is hooking up with some walleye through the ice on some inland lakes.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I agree w/ Jack. He does pick horrible, hard to get to spots.

6. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Eastwood lake. Ive seen people pull out large channels and big bass. havent caught a thing

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Seems Like Mellon head has had his best year cattin at the spots I pick out.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Yes, I must agree w/ ya on that one Jack. But boy how many trips have w made over the last few years swaring that it owuld be the last time for a while? (of corse then we go out two weeks later!) :)

9. My "nemesis" spot is actually Twin Creek in SW Ohio, many report fabulous days on it but Ill be dammed if I ever had an even mediocre day after fishing it for 20 years a few times a year, youd think I would just give it up, but nope, Im like a dog that no matter how many times you Beat him, I just keep going back.....that reminds me, some body come over here and kick me real hard, will ya..... ;)
    Salmonid

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

hmm WEST BRANCH!! I absolutley hate that lake. In a spring tournament in 2003 43 boats fished and 3 keeper bass were caught! now don't get me wrong they catch some nice bass, some dandy smallies but I'll be darned if i can find them!

11. Other than crappie fishing,my bad place is Eastfork Lake.Up stream of the lake I do ok most of the time ;)

12. Hoover saugeye. About as easy to find as a virgin on High St.