close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Young Whiskers refuses to sit on the rocks from now on

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ol' Whiskers, Aug 8, 2005.

1. He stood up from midnight 'til 3:00am after this spider popped up next to him:eek:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8371&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Somebody posted a while ago about a "fishing spider" and someone else about brown recluse - well this one just about took his lunch away Saturday night! It would have, and throwed him in the river to boot, if not for the huge egg sac it was mothering. Interesting, but creepy. Couldn't see the fangs, but you just KNOW they were there, and all its' brothers and sisters and cousins...

Never had that problem when we were in the boat!

2. lol thats funny. I would have stood up the rest of the night to. That spider is lucky it wasn't me that saw it. I wouldn't have cared about the babys. I would have killed them ALL. Screw spiders. I would have probably jumped into the water rather than be on land with that thing. Funny thing is, I am super scared of spiders, but love snakes. Go figure. My grandmother thinks I am nuts and thinks it's funny how little ol spiders scare the crap out of me while snakes don't even bother me, not even the venomous ones.

3. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

Ol' Whiskers....what your friend encountered there is a Wolf Spider. It's not a web weaver, but rather a "hunter". They are said to be pretty shy, and will avoid contact with you, if at all possible.
    It will carry those eggs until they hatch, and then they will ride on top of their mother's back until they shed the first "skin".

Rod&Reel...I am exactly like you. Spiders give me the heebie-jeebies...(it's actually a full blown phobia..lol), but snakes don't bother me one bit. In fact, I think their pretty cool. ;-)

I probably would have stood up all night too.

Juls

4. I know what you guys mean..A few years ago i fell asleep on the bank and i woke up but for some reason i could not hear out of one ear..I reached up to my ear and this spider completely fill my hand..I tossed it in the river and it made a splash it was so big..Creeped my out for a few hours..

This was in the Fall and it was looking for a warm place or it was going to kill me.Still to this day im not sure of its intentions...

RAID!!!!!!

Insane---out

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yep...flubbed that... i would have stand all night too if i saw that thing coming.. anything that has no legs or more than 4 legs just creeps me out.. and even some of those 4 leggers are questionable.. :rolleyes:

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

would you rather have spiders or more bugs biting you...my wife says we need to spray the basement for spiders ..i say why they arent hurting us they eat the bugs...i have those things all ove the outside my house and basement as long as they stay there...if they come upstairs the cat gets them...LOL