You asked for it - we listened! Introducing OGF Blogs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, Feb 25, 2009.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hi all,

We are very happy to announce that OGF is now offering a free web blog service to all registered members!

What's a Blog?
    Sorry, no, it's not some sort of pirate drink or anything. A web blog is your own personal space on the internet, sort of an "online diary", where you can make postings, and keep in touch with family and friends.

Wikipedia defines a personal blog as follows:

The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality. Few personal blogs rise to fame and the mainstream, but some personal blogs quickly garner an extensive following. A type of personal blog is referred to as "microblogging," which is extremely detailed blogging as it seeks to capture a moment in time. Sites, such as Twitter, allow bloggers to share thoughts and feelings instantaneously with friends and family and is much faster than e-mailing or writing. This form of social media lends to an online generation already too busy to keep in touch

How to access your blog
    It's easy! Simply sign-on to the OGF forums. Once logged in, there will be a menu bar option on the top left navigation bar titled "Blogs". There you can create and edit your own blog, as well as read and rate other Blogs. It's simple, and fun!

Thank you for your suggestion, and we hope you enjoy the new service!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Pretty cool. I have never been into blogs that much, but this could be a good way to talk about whats going on at local lakes and what works for you. I might give it a try.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Bug was found and dispatched, the blog service is now live, thank you.

4. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I had a blog on blog spot. Didn't keep up with it. I wanted to keep a log of my fishing trips. Having it here will be much easier. I plan on using it. Thanks.

5. will they be under the same rules as here? ie no politics, clean language ect?

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Yes, and good question. You are expected to follow the OGF forum guidelines, and all blog posts are subject to the same editing guidelines as regular forum posts.