close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yet more smallies on the scioto...

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by acklac7, Oct 21, 2004.

1. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Got 13 in about 1.5 hours...all but 1 were over 12"..best one went about 16.5. They are hitting the shad again and hitting them like crazy! For the first time I witnessed two other monster smallies following a hooked smallie all the way in to the shore...he would boil, then the other two would boil right after him, I've heard of this phenomenon on lake Erie but have never seen it in the Scioto....pretty neat stuff. All were caught on 3/8oz white tubes, pop'n and droppin'. Also the saugeye seemed to be schooling with/following the smallmouth. The smallmouth would drive the schools of shad up to the surface and erupt in an attack, then a second later you would see saugeye on the surface taking advantage of the displaced school....I wish I could get out tomorrow :( Fall feast if definitely underway...ps...Im not that photogenic....lol...notice the serious look on my face after the 16"

Attached Files:

2. Just what are you carrying in your back pocket on the first picture? It looks like it has a cord. You know you are not allowed to do your own shock research?:D

3. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

bkr I was wondering the same thing, what in the world is that? :confused:

By the way acklac7 nice fish and thanks for posting, gotta love they Scioto for smallies!

4. Looks like a retractable dog leash. Maybe...

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Nice job, I've been having similar results, no eyes though, just smallies. Got to get my disposable camera developed. Dan, I'm fishing four mile on saturday, PM me if you are interested.

6. I guess maybe he caught that fish on a Zara Spook using the technique known as... "walking the dog"?;) :D

I hope Acklac7 fills us in on this thing. I have no good guesses.

7. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Nice lookin fish!
    They have a nice dark color pattern, nice catch.

8. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

rofl....dan is correct.....its my new fashion statement :). Actually I keep it on my belt b/c my dog will go wondering off and I cant stand having to drop what im doing and get it out of my bag in order to tie her up...so I just keep it on my belt....Got out today just as they were shutting off, got 3 and then they went to sleep for the last hour of daylight...I think there probably stuffed

9. Do I win some kind of prize? :)

10. So he was walking the dog? I have been trying that with the Zara Spooks. I guess I have to change my technique.:D