close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yep, more AEP questions!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Sep 9, 2004.

1. First, how has the fishing been?
    I will be fishing at AEP in 6 short days. This will only be my fourth trip as it is a four-hour plus drive each way, and I’m still not very familiar with the area. I’m convinced that the only way to catch a HOG is to make the hard journey to the “difficult” to access ponds. I plan to fish in the morning, scout new ponds during the day, fish in the evening, and fish the roadside ponds at night. I have been “scouting” some ponds on TerraServer, and have printed out some Ariel photos. The ponds look easy enough to find on the photo, but I realize that it is much more difficult on the ground. I realize that a mapping GPS would be the way to go, but I’m not going to be able to get one for this trip. So, how do you navigate the AEP?
    Also, do most of the orange gates on the secondary roads stay shut year round? I just don’t want to drag all my gear three miles to find that people have been driving to this pond all year!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

2. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

I was just down there last weekend. The bite is really tough. :confused: I don't know about right now cause it changes day by day. I do think you have to take the unbeaten path to find the honey hole. When you fish at night there is a very nice lake back off the the horse parksite on the southern end of the property. There is a big sign that says Horse trail 1.8 miles. All the roads where open when we were down there. They have fixed up most all the pot holes. :D I think Campsite C is still the best campsite there. It's the best location to get in and out of. Good luck and take some pics.

FishJunky...