Yellow Perch at Caesers Creek

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wally Diver, Oct 21, 2008.

1. I caught 6 nice yellow perch Sunday at CC. I got two of them trolling crank baits and the others with minnows. All were about 10 to 11 inches long. Has anyone else had any luck fishing for perch at CC? Is there enough of them in there that a person could go and fish specifically for them?

2. wut?

wut?

Your shitting me? Thats awesome, probably the best eating fish out there. Looks like they were nice size ones too. Any pics?

3. Well yours beats the size of Perch people were bringing into the cleaning station at Oak Harbor a couple of weeks ago. No joke - people were yelling, "Limited out on Perch!" You would walk over there and take a look, and the whole batch was 5 to 6 inches at the most. Now I'm sure there are some monster limits caught at Oak Harbor, but they weren't there a few weeks back. Sure would love to see'em explode in numbers, and size here!

"I agree with Wut - Great catch!"

Rick.

FYI: PRO BOXING: DUKE Energy Center: Cincy. Nov.1st at 8 pm.

4. I have heard of people catching them at CC while fishing for crappie and 'eyes. I don't think there is near the population of them in CC to just go there and specificly target them though.

5. I catch a few perch every year at CC, but never more than one per outing. Catching 6 is awesome! Congrats!