Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone was aware of any dealers that had inventory? Im from the Medina county area and have called what feels like every dealer from Toledo to Youngstown and Medina to Columbus. Everyone says the same things, "sorry supply chain shortage" and seems the soonest anyone can get some is after the holidays. I am looking for a new machine and it seems if you want a 11K Can Am they are everywhere. Im sure its just going to be a wait or get on an ordering list for one but I hate to put a deposit on a machine and wait 6 months if I dont have to

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Few buddies had same issues they decided to buy used from a private seller

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
No one is going to have any in stock. Its been that way for over a year. The fastest way to get one is to pay for it up front. That can expedite their order to the manufacturer. But you’ll still have to wait some.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,906 Posts
X's 3 on the Honda.
X4. My BIL has a Honda Rancher that he uses to get to the top of a ridge he hunts on a farm in southern Ohio. He used to use a 4WD Ranger pickup, but that old tote road gets a little narrower every year. Plus, he's never had to put the Honda in 4WD to get up there, even with snow down!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If you are willing to travel you can find one. I buy run Honda's myself. Was looking for a Talon 1000-x4 special edition with the fox live valve, etc. Iron Pony in cbus had one...I called it was sold. I called around the state like you got same stories - was told I couldn't pay upfront or make a down payment.

So I went online and set searched around the country by date. I found a few and started making calls....yes they were sold. So I would flag a new listing and I got notified end of the day one came in to a dealer in KY. I called when they opened and bought it. They had a list of people that wanted it locally. Matter of fact I didn't get them the first time and they were leaving a message with the quote on the machine for somebody. I made a deposit via credit card and had the bank wire the funds 2 days later and scheduled pick up for that Friday. You cannot get any deals on price you'll pay full MSRP plus deliver / crate charge. If you are real good you may get them to toss in accessories, but that's it depending on the dealer. I rented a car hauler from U-Haul in KY and pulled it home no problem, but had a 10 hour day in the truck! Have just hit the 100 mile break-in service but everybody loves the Talon 1000 4 seater - those fox live vale make it drive like a dream and it looks sweet in viper camo.

My buddy just picked up a 2021 Wolverine yesterday from the local powersports dealer. Same thing it just came in and he jumped and bought it immediately. He just got lucky and didn't have to drive.
God luck and get online and set up notifications by date for the model you want and be prepared to make calls at opening (don;t bother with messages they have a llist of customers that want the machines so call and buy it on the spot).

·
Registered
5,379 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
One more vote for Honda, I have a 1986 Foreman that I bought in 1996 and use it on regular basis with no issue, just regular maintenance.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Try ACTION SPORT ALLIANCE OHIO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been a Honda fan my whole life and still have a 20 yr old rancher that has never let me down.With that being said,I recently purchased a new Yamaha Kodiak after doing a ton of research.I was torn like a wet kleenex between the Rubicon and the Kodiak,but after riding the Kodiak,I actually liked it quite a bit better and fit my personal needs better.Don't think you can go wrong with either one though.Purchased mine at Ride 1 Power Sports in Springfield

·
Registered
958 Posts
Was wondering if anyone was aware of any dealers that had inventory? Im from the Medina county area and have called what feels like every dealer from Toledo to Youngstown and Medina to Columbus. Everyone says the same things, "sorry supply chain shortage" and seems the soonest anyone can get some is after the holidays. I am looking for a new machine and it seems if you want a 11K Can Am they are everywhere. Im sure its just going to be a wait or get on an ordering list for one but I hate to put a deposit on a machine and wait 6 months if I dont have to
We’ve run Hondas all over this island for 40 years. Battle tested on the ice in some of the worst possible conditions from Rattlesnake to Green to MIB to NB out to Niagara and back to PIB. They take a beating and won’t let you down. Stick with a winner.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Honda. Try Sills Honda in Parma. They are on Brookpark road. They have a website as well.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I had a Yamaha was great 450 Grizz full auto independant susp I wasnt fond of the full auto deal you wont go wrong with either I went yama because of the ind susp it wasnt avaivable yet on smaller hondas

1 - 20 of 22 Posts