Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been to Indian Lake in a couple of weeks so I thought I'd wet the yak tomorrow. I usually target the South Bank, Pew Island or south of Dream Bridge. Given the limited time I can stay cramped in one position, I've gotta pick one of those areas for the day. Anybody got current info on any or all of those waters? I'll post my report afterwards. Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I decided to cruise off the point of Pew in 5-6 feet of 80 degree surface temp (two feet stained visibility). Hit the wawa at 6am and started dragging a crawler harness. Pulled in my first eye (16") before the bass boys from Moundwood jetted past me heading for the game preserve. Picked up another eye (20") and lost a few unseen fish. Boated three cats for my neighbor and by 8 still hadn't had a weed problem. By then the sun and water-wasting jet skis were more annoying than the bugs and I didn't want to clean more than the ten pounds of fish already on the stringer. Headed back to the ramp feeling lucky.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried the same program in the same area this morning for three hours. Opposite results from last Saturday. Only one gill, one white bass and one short eye. Maybe the SW 7mph wind had something to do with the poor showing.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tried the same program in the same area this morning for three hours. Opposite results from last Saturday. Only one gill, one white bass and one short eye. Maybe the SW 7mph wind had something to do with the poor showing.
I was out there when you were. I was in the older grey/blue boat. I picked up 5 keeper saugeye and some catfish. Pulling flicker shad and flicker minnow in the propwash

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, Redhunter, I thought you were onto some fish the way you kept repeating your trolling path. I was out again this AM but south of Dream Bridge, using crawler harnesses and flickers. After four hours, only two 19 inch cats and a 16 inch white bass. Surface water temp was below 75 degrees and glorious weather. Didn't see many nets going down although there were a dozen boats. Maybe it was the full moon feeding last night that kept the fish from being hungry this morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts