close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

xbox 360 HD DVD drive

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by iam20fan, Jul 10, 2007.

1. before i get it does it play regular dvd's also?

2. yes it does and i love my xbox

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

It doesn't really matter...you have to have a 360 to use it and the 360 plays regular DVDs

4. If you don't mind breaking the eula and have the time to find the right drivers (and a computer able to deal with HD content) you can hook that bad boy directly to a windows pc, no Xbox needed for high def goodness and cheaper than any other HD player around.

Steve

5. ok should i get the HD xbox player or an HDMI dvd player? or is the 360 hdmi ready?

6. I'm not a gamer so I'm not 100% sure but I believe the xbox 360 doesn't offer an hdmi port but the xbox 360 elite does.
    Also, I'd look into it and see how the xbox hd dvd player does when playing standard dvds if you want to use it a lot for that. I've heard that standard dvds look like poo when played on the 360 hd player but not seen it myself (my eyesight sucks anyway I probably wouldn't notice).

Steve

7. ok. thanks. i can get an hdmi dvd player at walmart for 100.00$. i never use my game consoles for dvd watching anyway. but i might with the 360

8. walleye warrior

walleye warrior Clearfork Muskie Addict

an hdmi dvd player is not close in my opinion to the hd dvd drive for the 360. I have both and there is areal difference. the reason the regular dvds look like poo on the xbox is because there is a switch on the back of the xbox connection that changes from hd to sd. if the switch is in hd and your watching sd that is where the distortion comes in. If you want true hd buy the xbox drive and a few hd dvds. I doubt you will be disappointed.