close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

X-series

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Flipp, May 8, 2005.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Just wondering who won and how much they had.

2. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

The winners had a little over 10 lbs I believe, it has been tough getting a big bite out there. I won our club tournament with only 8lb 8oz and on Sun could only get 6lbs 9 oz. It only took 7lbs 1 oz to cash a check out of 100 boats.

mark

3. Hopefully I'll get the results early this week and get them on the website. Good job guys.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

We had 5.9 sunday, caught alot of fish. culled about 5 times. We needed a kicker fish bad.

5. Hey Procraft- was that you fishn' the riprap- I hollerd at you guys when you didnt let your pops net a fish! I think that was you???

I'm goona toot a little- me and partner Kenny Ken Begue had a kicker and pulled the two spot with 9.8. The new plaques for 05' are sweet!

Nip
    www.dobass.com

6. Procraftboats21

Nip- Congrads on the 2nd place finish!
    Yeah that was us. He's to slow with the net so I don't even yell anymore unless its a good fish :D We Couldn't buy a bite flippin'. Did you get your kicker in the bushes?

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Congrats Nip!!!!

I fished a club tournament on Saturday, I couldnt get bit in the bushes! Maybe they will move up by the end of the week with this warm weather. But the last 5 min. I did lose about a 3# smallie, I had him hooked and seen him come up for a little and then dashed under the boat and then all of a sudden he was gone. My drag was peelin like crazy. I was so mad, havent seen a smallie out of Mosquito that big for awhile.

Procraftboats- were you up shallow in the bushes?

8. Procraftboats21

Yeah we were up shallow in the bushes, couldn't get bit on a jig or a tube. I'm ready for portage, Time for some bed fishin'!

9. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Austin, are you fishin the open on Saturday? I will be there, in the new boat. Cant wait.. Have you seen any fish on beds yet out there? Havent been there in about a week.

10. well the fishing was easy but yet very tough lots of buck bass but very few kicker fish. we had 7.1lbs and missed a check but we was still pleased to be in the top 20 some where. there was alot of big names there so the competion was tough. once again a thank you goes out to vics sports center and stratos boats for the help that they have givin us this year with out thier help my partner and i would still be with out a boat and wouldnt have had the opertunity to fish yet this year!! it appeared that they had drawn the lake so my partner and i back out of the bays and fished the corners of the bays and found plenty of the buck bass but no kickers. this 1999 stratos 201 that vics set me up with till my new boat comes in runs sweet. from the iland north of rt 88 to the check in only took 7 mins and that included the no wake zone north of 88. any one interested in this boat contack me or vics sport center the price on it is $17,500 any one interested in this boat that contacks me we can set up a date and time for you to go out in this boat to test it out.

11. Procraftboats21

I'm not fishing the open but I'll be up there saturday pre-fishing. I heard they've been on beds for about a week.

12. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Good Job Nip. I bet nip got em Flippin

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

nip can't catch that many fish...they all come from the spinner bait in the back!!

14. Sorry all- been workn in the yard and sleepn a little! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

All flipn fish- is there anything else!? I threw a spinnerbait for 7 hours then flipped 5 in real quick... :confused: :rolleyes: 3" of muddy water with carp and a big brown beaver.

We got lucky with one bite and put four regular fish with it. Aint that what its all about though!??? Never woulda thought 9lbs woulda made a check little lone that high.

Federation is out there next weekend- like to see those weights.

Nip
    www.dobass.com

15. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

same here nip, I throwed a spinnerbait all day and then switched to a jig.

Its funny, those carp, My partner and I saw some nice sized fish pull up into the shallows and we though they were carp, well just for the heck of it he threw his jig next to them and one pulled away to eat his jig, here they were bass!! The one next to the one he caught had to be about 4lbs.

16. Procraftboats21

What do you guys think the weights will be at Portage sunday?
    I'm gonna say around 14lb for the win and 8lb to get a check. Big bass will be around 5.5lb

17. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Im going to stretch it a little to 15# big bass will be close to 6#.

18. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I think you guys are right on the money, it may be tough though due to the cold weather that may be coming for this weekend, 60's is a change from the 80's we have right now.

19. any idea when results will be posted on website?

20. As soon as I can get them from Diane and George. They were having technical difficulties sending me the file!