close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

X-Large Direct TV Dishes... No More Thunderstorm Outages!!!

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by AndroDoug, Mar 24, 2005.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

0   0   0

I am Direct TV subcontractor and have 6 extra large Directv dishes left over from a project that was just completed. The six dishes measure 24" x 26.5". These dishes are primarily used just for apartment buildings where 1 dish is used as a "community" dish. These dishes are not normally available to the general public.

The advantage of a dish like this is enormous. A normal round dish is only 18" wide. The amount of satellite signal that is reflected from the surface gives your receiver a standard amount of signal strength. When inclement weather, such as rain, snow, heavy clouds roll in, that weather filters out the signal being beamed down from space and to the surface of your dish. Most weather is not "thick" enough to cause reception problems, but inevitably, some weather is. Some people have more reception problems than others, this dish will correct that.

The way a larger dish counter-acts this problem is that it has a larger surface area to reflect the signal that DOES make it through the weather. The more surface area on the dish, the more signal it is able to reflect. The more signal you have, the less likely you will lose picture. I have one of these dishes at home. I have not lost my picture in any storm for 2 years. Even in the middle of a ferocious t-storm, my signal is solid at 90% or more.

These dishes retail for licensed distributors at 100.00 or more. There is no "public" retail price that I know of nor any local retailer that sells them. I am selling them for 40 bucks each. Also included is a high performance dual LNB to replace your current, used one. I now only have 4 sets left. I just changed this post from earlier as I sold 2 on another website this evening.

If you experience weather related reception problems, these dishes will fix that forever. You will have the strongest reception of anybody else! I would also reccommend that you have the dish professionally installed, because if you are experiencing alot of problems, there may be more wrong with your system than just the dish. If I come out, I will fix anything that is wrong.

I live in the Akron area and will install your new dish for the standard service call price of 50 dollars if you live within a 30 mile or so radius of Tallmadge, OH (Akron area, Summit/Portage/Stark/Medina/Cuyahoga counties). I am sure we can work something out! I am easy to work with. Just get ahold of me!

I will also ship it anywhere you want if you want to install it yourself. Your cost would just be actual shipping. Or you can pick it up at my house if we make arrangements.

Get ahold of me ASAP if you are interested. I have these listed in other mediums and they will not last. These dishes are specialty items that are not normally available and virtually no one else has them. I have never even seen them listed on ebay either! NOTE...These will not replace oval dishes used for HD or foreign language programming.

[​IMG]

2. XpressDave

XpressDave

0   0   0

Will the bigger dishes increase you signal strength overall?

Thanks!

3. AndroDoug

0   0   0

Yes. It should put all transponders being used into the 90's when properly installed. But the real advantage is in lack of signal loss. the receivers are made to recognize signal strength from an 18" dish. When you have a 24/26" dish, the actual signal is actually way over a hundred, but the receiver does not comprehend that. It is when a storm comes in, and you STILL have a signal in the 90's is where it becomes apparent! Satellite signal in regards to picture quality is either perfect picture or no picture (and picture breaking up). This is caused by signal loss from storms and other things in the way. You suffer less loss with almost double the surface area.

4. XpressDave

XpressDave

0   0   0

Great...I'll take one if you still have some left.

5. AndroDoug

0   0   0

Sounds good Dave. I will PM my phone number and info. PM me back with instructions for shipping/pick-up/appointment for installation. I will now have 3 left, but I think there will be 2 more available later this week.

Heck, if anyone lives in the Akron area, I'll install the dish for only 35 bucks plus the cost of the dish. Places like Canton, Cleveland or other closer outlying areas (oxymoron??) will be 50 because of the drive time and gas cost.

6. papaperch

papaperch

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I live in Berlin Center which is real close to berlin lake. I am very interested in dish . If its not too long of a drive for you please email me.

7. AndroDoug

0   0   0

No that is not too far. I have been working in the Youngstown area alot lately, maybe I could squeeze you in on a day that I am out in that area. I will send you a PM with my info and we will hook up. Believe me, you will love the dish and what it will do for you. I wish I could get these all the time, but they are rarely available.

The only reason I have these now, is that I sold exclusive contracts to 2 different apartment complexes about 2 years ago, and both are done now.. One was just built, and one was being remodeled, building by building. Each complex had over 30 buildings :eek: and both were being pre-wired to accomodate satellite. Both contracts called for x-large dishes on each building, to be shared by the many apartments in each particular building. Well, as any large construction project goes, there are always extra stuff left over. ;) :D Anything from trim, to windows, to drywall, to whatever. My portion of the contract was obviously the satellite and coaxial pre-wire. Now both projects are completed and closed out and this is what was left over in addition to a bunch of coax wire. :)

I have 3 left, NOT counting the ones wanted by OGF members that have gotten a hold of me already. I might be able to get a few more in a week or so. But then, after that, they are gone.

PM me if anyone else wants to take advantage of this.