close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Trailer for 18' boat,

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Salmonid, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid

0   0   0

Anyone got a trailer laying around, they are looking to sell, cheap??
    SW Ohio is preferred or maybe Columbus.
    and dont even ask what happened to the one I have now.. see next post for pics. :(
    I am not sure if its fixable, my welder is coming over tonight to take a look

Salmonid

2. Brad617

Brad617

0   0   0

So what happened to yours? What style of boat do you have?

3. Salmonid

Salmonid

0   0   0

Its a 17.5 ft Fischer Deep V, 1998 so its relatively new.

So I load boat from GMR about 10 miles from the house and as I am driving home, Im noticing the boat seems kinda bouncy back there, so I make a note to check tires after I get home. I pull into drive way, check mail and notice boat looks alittle out of whack ont he trailer, so I start looking around, making sure all straps are tight, etc and then I look underneath it and see this....

[​IMG]

Im like, WTF!!!!! 2 of 3 supports broken from bad metal/rust, boat is about
    6" lower then normal. resting on axle support so now I creep into yard, leave parked on grass in case something bad happens, call my brother in law the welder-fabricator up, beg him to come look at it but he tells me it might be better off to find another trailer if the metal is no good. he will come over tonight, if it is fixable, the plan is I will back into my pond, leave boat there while i drive over to his house so he can work on it durring the weekend. A few points, I have been running down to the Ohio River every week lately ( 1.5 hr drive on freeway) and thank god I was on back roads and only a few miles from home, if this broke 1 more support, it would have been VERY bad for me and those around me on the freeway.

Anyone else have something like this happen to there trailer??
    Last point, its always something.......:p

Salmonid

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

0   0   0

I repair them all the time. Thats why tube trailers are cheaper. I might have the record on repairing basstracker trailers that rust out. Always the same area.(Like yours) I even have a stockpile of pre-cut repair parts.
    I have a good 18-19 ft trailer from a Stratos bassboat here. Nice c-channel heavy duty. $1000. Raider

5. Salmonid

Salmonid

0   0   0

Thanks Raider, my bro in law just left, said no problem, he will weld it up stronger then new, said it would only take about an hour or two. I just have to get it to him early next week after I put the boat into my pond....for storage sake for the day, I never thought I would use the pond that way but its kinda handy.

Salmonid

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

7. Salmonid

Salmonid

0   0   0

Heck, Mellon already called me to have my welder put some extra supports on his trailer....
    Just a word to the wise, this trailer is less then 10 years old, ( Shorelander) so if you guys are out, better take alook under your trailer and see if there is any rust on the low spots. Would hate to have something bad happen while you are on the road!

Salmonid

8. Brad617

Brad617

0   0   0

I cant believe they broke like that. you are lucky indeed. Glad you are going to be able to fix it.