Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB Roma Tomatoes for making sauce. Looking to buy 1 or 2 bushels. Within reasonable distance of east side of Cleveland. Thanks,Tom

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
I bought 7 cases of Roma from Hartville flea market 3 years ago. They were the most tasteless, plastic-like tomatoes ever. They clogged up my sauce maker. Never again.
Take a drive down to Amish country on a Saturday or weekday. Many farms have signs out on the road stating they are selling produce. I have one farm I have been buying them from since then.
Excellent taste and better price than anywhere else. I get #2 or blemished ones they cannot sell to their cooperative. Who cares though. I’m making sauce.

·
Banned
2,666 Posts
The produce at Hartville flea market isn't what it used to be. Very few home growers. Most buy from a market supplier. Been going there for years,and I gave up on the produce a long time ago. I visit the small stands.

·
Starcraft 196
82 Posts
Walnut Drive Gardens in Mogadore is a pick your own place. They just started picking Romas or white House Fruit Farm in Canfield has them picked and a little cheaper then Walnut Drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.