close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB Stihl / Husqvarna Chainsaw

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Gobi Muncher, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

0   0   0

Thinking of diong the woodburning thing this year and trying to see how much the intial deal will be. Already checked out the new ones, just checking to see if there are any decent used ones out there to add to the budget. Thanks for checking.

(I did search the forums, but the latest had been sold)

2. Have one of each and keeping them both. I hate to say this but check pawn shops its like supporting thieves but I get alot of great deals there.

3. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

0   0   0

Have owned both Stihls (031 av) and Huskys ( 136) - The best saw, By far, IMO, is Echo- bought an older 330 evl, ( as a back up saw ) with a 16" bar, can cut firewood all day long , without a backache the next day !!! new ones are a little ( probably $20 to $30 more ) than a stihl, but will hold up much better !!! next saw I buy will be another echo, no doubt about it !!!- Super power, lightweight , excellent dealer support !!!

4. OakLane

OakLane

0   0   0

You don't see many for sale.They are some of the best there is. I love my Stihl 029, and like my guns, you can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.LOL......

Neighbor bought a Husky and it has been a turd. Back 6 times for repair, never runs right.Just like my new Cub Zero turn.....They all have faults.Buy a Stihl,Husky, maybe even an Echo you won't go wrong. Guy had a nice Stihl o19 on Craigslist for about ten minutes at $100. Got snatched up before I could dial the number.

5. M.Magis

M.Magis

0   0   0

Just something to keep in mind, the Husqvarna's at the box stores are not the same as the ones you would find at a dealer.

6. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

0   0   0

my stihl 036 pro is a log eating sunova gun

7. I've never been thrilled with my Husky from Lowe's, it's the 141. It has never liked to idle and the chain runs really, really hot. I've never been able to find the right combination of carb. adjustments.

I really puts a hurtin' on the bar and chain...the oiler doesn't seem to work optimally.

I've been very disappointed.

Wanna buy it? I'll sell it cheap.

8. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

0   0   0

COmmodore - LOL, thanks, but after reading M Magis' response, as well as, your experience.........I think I will pass.

Called a local pawn shop and they have a Stihl.......gonna check it out tonight.

Thanks all!!!!!

9. I had that problem with my husky bar heating up ended up some saw dust got down in where the bar oil is poured into had that fixed its worked like a million bucks ever since over 20 yrs now.

10. fishinjim

fishinjim

0   0   0

i've got my dad's 16" stihl. It's been in the 'family' since '88 and still runs great.

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I have both a Stihl and a Husqvarna. Both have run flawlessly since the day I got them about seven years ago.

Both are great saws, but I always grab the Husqvarna when it's time to go to deer camp and cut wood.

12. i hear dolmars are pretty good saws also. definately lighter than my stihl

13. ohiotuber

ohiotuber

0   0   0

Not to steal the thread, but this applies to most all their power stuff....write down the model# (at a box store) of a Husky, DeWalt product or whatever....you will most likely NOT find it in the mfg catalog or website. I used to run into this all the time when I had a small independent hardware store.......comparing apples to oranges.
    Mike

14. fishinjim

fishinjim

0   0   0

that goes with leaf blowers too. if you buy a Toro at HD or Lowes, you will get a plastic impeller BUT Toro does sell one with a Metal Impeller. The plastic impellers break easily but for another 10-15 bucks I got the model with the metal impeller - ordered off Amazon.

15. BigV

BigV BigV

0   0   0

I have had a Stihl .029 Farm Boss for over 15 years and heat my home (2200 sq ft) exclusively with wood. I have literally cut over a hundred cord of wood and this saw has never missed a beat. I never drain the gas and it still has the original spark plug and it always starts on the 3rd or 4th pull. I use a 20” bar and have not found anything it couldn’t cut. The nice thing about Stihl products is they ALL use the same spark plug and they ALL use oil to gas ratio of 50:1. Leaf blowers, line trimmer’s, vacuums, edgers, hedge trimmers… That alone makes it nice not having to worry about the gas to oil ratio being different on other two cycle tools or what spark plug or gap setting is required.