WTB Shock Collar for Beagle

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by marshal45, Apr 10, 2008.

1. marshal45

marshal45

0   0   0

Need shock collar before my neighbors get him taken away. Barks at everything that moves even though friendly.

2. gotithooked1

gotithooked1 GotItHooked Sportfishing

0   0   0

I know what you are talking about,I have 2.I must be goofy. I wish I could help you but I have to go through retraining periodically.Love them both to death,my best friends.If only I could get them fishing licenses.......
    By the way they are called stimulation collars in our house.Daughter does not like the term SHOCK.

3. Spaniel235

Spaniel235

0   0   0

Put one on the bed and the other on the couch.....they'll stop.....

4. Musky Toyz

Musky Toyz

0   0   0

I call them shock collers as my wife likes the word stimulation a lotHa Ha Ha Ha So she did say she would sell the shock coller as she said it did not have a "stimulation Mode"

5. marshal45

marshal45

0   0   0

PM sent Musky Toyz. I also have 2 beagles. They are the best. The female 5yrs old doesnt bark unless she sees an animal. The male, only 3 barks at everything. I have a large fenced in yard for them. I think he is just a bit protective of his sister and the family. I hate to do it b/c I know it is just out of his protectiveness but I live in a neighborhood where people are constantly walking bye.

6. Cyberjavaman

Cyberjavaman Take a kid fishing today!

0   0   0

There is a collar that doesn't shock, but pinches the neck during a bark.
    Heard they work well. I have a shock collar for my lab, but can't see it
    working for a barking/howling problem. Check the APL site.

7. ShorePup

ShorePup

0   0   0

Have you tried other collars where they don't shock but spray citronella or something? This might work very well on all fronts--neighbors and spouse! Try PetSmart or someone big like that.

8. marshal45

marshal45

0   0   0

Great suggestions! Thanks.

9. ohiogary

ohiogary

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I own 4 beagles and good luck with the citronella, hope it works, takes a bit more to persuade mine. I use a training collars and I think they are the best training aide ever made, for beagles can be pretty subburn. After a very light shock about all you need is just the tone feature.

10. buzzedredneck

buzzedredneck

0   0   0

Ive Got A Beagle Pup. 4 Months Old Now,, Besides The Barking, Shes Just Plain Mean To My Kids, Ive Never Heard Of A Mean Beagle.she Was Never Mistreated So I Have No Clue. Yes Shes A House Dog.stubborn House Training Too.

11. porge75

porge75

0   0   0

I also have a beagle she is almost three.We used the shock collar on her to teach her to stay in thre yard and it worked.My beagle never barks at any one or anything.Guess we got lucky.I still have the collar.It has the different levels of shock and tones.Let me know if your interested in the collar.

12. marshal45

marshal45

0   0   0

So I guess it is just a matter of opinion when it comes to what to use when training them. It seems that the shock collar will work. I would be interested PORGE75 if it is a reasonable price. I did not realize they were so expensive as one pm I got said that his were $400 new. I am looking to get a cheap one from someone not using theirs maybe $50 or $75 tops. I probably should have put this to begin with to save some people some time. Thanks for all of the responses. PORGE75 my 5yr old beagle is a female and she has never barked and she is just a doll. The 3yr old is extremely loyal, and while not mean he is just over protective of us and our 15 month old. It is actually quite funny.