close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wtb rifle

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by buckeye_boy, Jun 15, 2007.

1. buckeye_boy

buckeye_boy

0   0   0

Deer season is coming. Looking to buy an inexpensive rifle. Open to caliper. Would like 243 or larger. Never used one before going to michigan this year for a week.

2. supercanoe

supercanoe

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Go buy a savage model 10 package at buckeye outdoors or vances. $400 for a new package it will outshoot much more expensive guns. If you really want a shooter take off the cheap package scope/rings and upgrade.

3. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

0   0   0

outshoot in what way? dont get me wrong savages are nice rifles, but cz, 700's, etc.. can all also be had for the same $400 price range

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

0   0   0

straight our of the box a savage will out shoot most rifles,period.
    the accu-trigger system makes them even nicer than before.
    i have a 111 left hand model in a 7mm rem mag with a leupold 3x9x40 varix II and i wouldn't trade it for ANY other brand of rifle.

5. dakotaman

dakotaman

0   0   0

Totally agree.

What is your limit caliber and price?

6. buckeye_boy

buckeye_boy

0   0   0

Not sure on price, looks like I better not go over $400.00, caliber no larger than a 270. maybe a 308.

7. If your limit is somewhere around 400 and not much more go with the Savage and you should be fine, I would really consider the optics upgrade as was mentioned earlier, you shouldnt skimp on your glass, I think you can get a 3X9 Burris fullfield for around $175 lately or you can go ahead and get the package that Burris has been pushing forever and get your scope and a pair of binoculars for $199(I bought 2 myself) also a thing to consider is that Vances has its fall finance sale in August and you can do the 12 months same as cash thing during this sale, payments are generally very small, just remember to have it paid off before the 12 months is up or they will break it off in ya(parden my french)