close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB Poultry Nest boxes

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by BigJohn, Sep 1, 2005.

1. BigJohn

BigJohn

0   0   0

I know this sounds strange:confused: . My wife convinced me to buy some laying hens earlier this year and they are about ready to start laying. I'm looking for a rack or 5 or 6 laying boxes that I can put in our poultry house. Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Anyone have anything like that they are willing to part with? I could probably build some, but would rather spend my time fishing.

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

0   0   0

Big John,
    I made mine out of wooden fruit crates. They work really well and I got them for free at our local flea markets. I was convinced by the wife to get some this year as well because her and the boy's wanted them. Well guess who is now taking care of them? :rolleyes:
    By the way, we got ours in early March, 7 layers and 2 roosters to be exact. Any way we lost 2 to the dang raccoons so we only have 7 left but I have been getting 3-5 eggs per day for the past 10 days.

3. BigJohn

BigJohn

0   0   0

Hey Buddy, that's not a bad idea. I'll have to check into getting some of those.

BTW, we have 24 (started with 25, but the coon thing got us too). All are hens. We were only gonna get 10 or 12, but my father-in-law said to get him some too. Somehow, his ended up with mine. I guess that's paybacks since he kept them all the first 6 weeks until I got a building ready. Funny how that works.

Ours were hatched the end of April, so I expect them to start laying anytime.