Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fish Crazy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a depth finder actually 2 that are portable and run off of 6 volt batteries. I am heading to a remote location in northern Ontario and will not be able to take in a 12 volt battery .
Unless someone can pull a rabbit out of their hat and figure a way to rig a standard depth finder to 6 volt batteries?

·
Registered
473 Posts
You can take a small piece of copper wire and attach one end to the negative side of one battery and connect it to the positive side of the other battery. The remaining positive and negative will give you 12 volts.

·
Ohio Angler
714 Posts
Go to Radio Shack and get a battery holder for 8 AA's & then wire that to your depth finder. That's the power system for all of the Eagle/Lowrance portable units so it should be fine with whatever brand you have.

My 2 cents....

Bob

·
Registered
438 Posts
i just came back from fly-in trip in northern ontario. Get 2 lantern batteries (heavy duty is fine). Attach your regular wires (from the finder). Positive goes to one battery and negative on the other battery. Connect the remaining positive and negative with a piece of wire. Whamo! presto chango! portable fishfinder! i put small alligator clips on all the wires to make it easy. Worked great all week. Good luck!!

·
Ret. 1SG U.S. Army
329 Posts
Have a humminbird LCR 4ID that was about $400 new will let go for $60. Comes with a aluminum hang over the side tranducer mount. Have the orginal box, gimbal mount, face cover and manual. The only issue is the transducer was prop raked once but still works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.