close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB Pencil lead 1.25 ounces

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by harle96, Aug 21, 2007.

1. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

0   0   0

Going Salmon fishing on the Manistee, needs lots of lead. Anyone make them and willing to make a few bucks?

Dave

2. swantucky

swantucky

0   0   0

I make 3-4 different types of sinkers but I'm not sure what "pencil lead" is??

3. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

0   0   0

Here's a picture of pencil weights!![​IMG]

4. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

0   0   0

You should be able to buy a 1lb roll of solid core or hollow core fairly cheaply and get your self of leadmaster pliers. You can then cut what you need to size. With hollow core score the outside bend back and forth until it breaks off leaving an exposed hole that you can slide onto a pigatil off a barrel swivel. With solid you cut what you need and pinch the end and punch a whole throuh and attach with a snap swivel above your barrel swivel. The advatage of buying the lead your self is you can choose the correct weight for water flow conditions.

5. swantucky

swantucky

0   0   0

Thanks. I don't have that mold.

6. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

0   0   0

7. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

0   0   0

Thanks for the replies.

The One,
    I surfed the web and found the hollow roll at cabellas at 5.19 per 1lb roll.

However, True 2's link has 18 already made for 4.99. That is the ticket.

8. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

0   0   0

Good luck I did most of my salmon fishing in the Pacific Northwest. I need to find someone in the area for steelheading that can put me on water for maybe some alternative tackle set-up tips.

PS check while you are in New York for lead I'm sure it's a lot cheaper and no shipping costs then make your own next year would be happy to show you a few types of set-ups.