WTB or Trade for Computer Memory

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fishintiger, Jun 20, 2008.

1. I had to think of a way to word my title or Misfit would be all over me with his wisecracks.

I was wondering if anyone had any extra computer memory laying around that they would like to deal cheap. I'm currently running two sticks of 256mb and would like to upgrade to just a stick of 512 or larger if the price is right. PM me if you have any thanks.

2. Snobal

Snobal

0   0   0

There are many types of memory out there. What are you looking for exactly? Laptop... Desktop... Speed... Frequency... Etc...

3. I guess that might help. It's a desktop pc. I'm just looking for something to give my system a little boost.

4. Fish2Go

Fish2Go

0   0   0

Well depending on the motherboard an how old the computer it could be numerous types. You need to find out your motherboard or better yet pull the stick thats in it and look to see if it has a PC2200 PC100 ect... look for the PC number.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

today is your lucky day,junior:D
    after only less than 2 hours of broken sleep and a 12 hour fishing trip today,my own memory is tapped out and i can't think of one single wisecrack:p

6. I'm not sure if you seen this post I made shortly after asking if anyone had any memory for sell. My pc came with PC2100 DDR RAM in it. I added a stick of PC2700 DDR. Since adding the "new" memory I've had a couple errors and that's why I was asking for "new" RAM. The computer is about 5 years old. I know it's just about time to upgrade but since I use it for internet surfing and a little bit of word processing there isn't a need for a new computer.

7. What?? You went fishing with out me? I don't care though. I enjoyed my 8 hours at work. :rolleyes: :D

8. Fish2Go

Fish2Go

0   0   0

Check the other thread out i posted in it.

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

about the only difference was i was lounging in the sun,while you were lounging in the A/C.you probably caught almost as many fish though;)

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

now,to get back on track,LOL.
    i also am in need of a memory upgrade.

my machine is also about 5 years old(pc266 m810 series).
    pc133 sdram DIMM 168 pin.

anyone have a good 512 chip to part with?.............cheap?

i'm currently running 64 and 128 with a 1gig capacity.i figure a 512 to replace the 64 should be plenty for my usage.

11. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

0   0   0

I might have some old ones laying around I'll look tonight and let you know.

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

thanks.i just can't justify paying the price for new sticks.i'd rather eat,LOL.

13. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

0   0   0

after finding my stash of old parts this is what I got:
    -2 sticks of 128mb ram pc100-222-620
    -1 stick of 128mb ram pc133u-333-542-a
    -about 10 sticks of 64mb ram
    all are 168 pin and came out of the old white dell's.