close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: old wooden swing/play set

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by boss302, Jul 13, 2008.

1. boss302

boss302

0   0   0

I'm looking for a wooden swing/play set for my kids (2-1/2 and 5) but can't justify the price of lumber for a new one. So, If anyone has one that dosen't get used anymore I'd be happy to purchase it for a fair price and remove it from your yard so it can see a few more years of service.

2. nanoreefer

nanoreefer

0   0   0

I have one for you if you arent too far from Archbold

3. boss302

boss302

0   0   0

Thanks, but I'm thinking a 170 mile one way trip might defeat the purpose unless it's one heck of a swing set. I live near Akron.

4. Snakecharmer

Snakecharmer

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

When you get your wood swing set, I got a 8 ft plastic slide you can have for$40....New they run about $70........

5. Fish_Heads

Fish_Heads Never enough time......

0   0   0

I have one in Wooster for you if I can talk my wife into getting rid of it.....My kids are 11 & 12 & it doesn't get used like it used to.

Tom

6. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

0   0   0

My wife and I were just discussing what to do with ours. It's wood, and is about 4-5 years old. Has a slide, small fort/clubhouse area, swing, gym bar and some kind of plastic horse thingy of which one of the chain eyelets has broken. Wood is in good shape - probably could use a quick spray with a powerwasher and a coat of Thompson's. The tarp style roof on the clubhouse area is faded, but no rips or tears. Other than this being older and those few minor cosmetic issues, I'd rate it a 8 out of 10.

FREE to someone that will give it a good home and come pick up and haul it away.

P.S. - this won't fit into the bed of someone's pickup without major disassembly.

I can post pics to those interested.
    Located in Westerville (NE Columbus) near Hoover reservoir.

7. Bluefinn

Bluefinn

0   0   0

We have a swingset that doesn't get used much anymore. Wife & I talked about taking it down to make an arbor out of the pieces but decided we would rather start from scratch. Swingset has rings, slide, 3 swings, platform, captains' wheel & a baby swing (not shown). Everything is very solid and in excellent condition. We live in Streetsboro. Let me know if you're interested.

Attached Files:

8. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

0   0   0

Boss 302 check your PM

9. boss302

boss302

0   0   0

Please post or PM pics if you can. This sounds like what we are looking for and may be worth the trip. Thanks CJ

10. boss302

boss302

0   0   0

I'm still looking.

Swollwn Goat, I'm still interested if avalable-please post or send pics

Bluefin-thanks kids already have a small metal set that is similar to what you have. I'm hoping to find somthing a bit larger, perhaps with a tower and monkey bars....

Jennis9, thanks for the tip. I'm looking there as well now.

CJ

11. Fish_Heads

0   0   0

12. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

0   0   0

Sorry, didn't check back on this thread.

Another person already beat you to it.:(

13. Fish_Heads

0   0   0

Boss:

Picture for you

Attached Files:

14. Fish_Heads

0   0   0

Boss passed on the swingset, so it's up for grabs.......$200 or trade for fishing equipment, hunting stuff etc.........bring the kids to Wooster & try it out !!

Tom