close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB low rpm AC Motor for Spit / Cooker

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Hawg-Eye, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Hawg-Eye

Hawg-Eye

0   0   0

Looking for a 110 AC motor to attach to my 55gal drum cooker.

Does anyone have one? or recommendations on where to buy one new or used. Also looking for a 3-4 ft piece of stainless rod 5/8" or less diameter.

Also looking for suggestions on HP/RPM /ft inches/lbs of torque/ etc.:confused:

Don't think I need anything too big or powerful and maybe in the range of 2-6 rpms...

2. this may be getting off track Meaning larger then you are needing the hog roasters i have used and seen used have a small ele motor then hooked to a gear box. Dont know if that is an optiion or not all the grillers on here someone will have something i am sure

3. Bluebuster6912

Bluebuster6912

0   0   0

dont know if this will work or not but can you use a dimmer switch to slow a motor down?

4. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

0   0   0

From reading up on this I think you are going to need to get a gear reduction box like mentioned in order to get the right amount of torque with a slow enough speed.

5. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

0   0   0

nope PM sent !

6. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

0   0   0

PM?? The rest of us might be interested in the solution as well!!!

I haven't built one - only read up on how others did it using a gear reduction method.

7. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

0   0   0

sorry Guys! hang in there let get some pics out to download ? I just Pm'd him because I felt it was right to ramble in the market place ! I'll post soon ! Sorry again. I do think I have the one of the best cookers out there ! Plus I have the process down pat by now ! Have done over 30 Roasts over the years.