Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wanting to buy some hickory planks for cooking on the grill . they need to be raw cut with no chemical treatment. ill take some oak also . thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
You might check your local fireplace stores, especially if they carry specialized grils, smokers, etc. That's where I find stuff like that. The one I go to has every wood you can imagine to cook/smoke with. I cook with red oak chunks as well, but I just cut my own as I happen to have tons of them around the house.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Bass pro sells them too. Hickory, oak and a few others. ;)

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
check around some of the better hardwood suppliers in your area they should stock some.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hey Deadeye....you need to tell us what you're cookin on those hickory planks. Recipe please.

Been doin some cedar plank salmon for years that people like.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Deadeye if your ever up in Mansfield I would just give you some.I own a wood shop and pieces like that are scrap alot of times.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of my favorites is pork loin filetd out about 2inches thick , then make a walnut and apple stuffing . roll that up so it looks like a pin wheel . then based it with a can of coke , but the best part is it is being smoked on a piece of hickory or oak . momma will be happy and so will your belly . and fish smoked on poplar wood is very good . and a steak on a piece of apple or cherry is awsome.and any bamby steaks is a true treet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts