Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
out4dabig1
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-inlaw just got a boat and needs a gps sonar combo so we can go to lake erie. any good deals out there?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just bought the Eagle Cuda 250 at Dicks for 199.00 and used the cupon in the hot deals forum for 10.00 off, this unit is totally awsome for the money, I used it at mosquito saturday and could see my jig bouncing off the bottom along with fish coming up and going down, the gps is so easy to use and also has a map of every lake in the united states on it, for the money you cant beat it. Go to www.eaglesonar.com and you can download a emulator wich lets you play around with the unit. I am sure for the money you will love this unit. Just my opinion hope it helps

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Anyone use the 480 combo unit before? Looks nice for the money, and I'm in dire need of a replacement to my handheld GPS. Like that it takes navionics maps.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
To me it all depends on the money you have to spend. Buying a new sonar combo is like buying a computer. The technology is changing rapidly. If you can afford it, buying last years model gets you more bang for your buck. Last year I paid for the latest when I bought my Eagle 640C IGPS @ $600. But by buying the Eagle instead of the Lowrance (same company) I got 640 vertical pixels instead of the 480 on the Lowrance and paid $50 less. Now that my Eagle is a year old the price has come down to just over $500 delivered to your door if you shop around on-line. My buddy Jig just got one. For this amount you are getting 640 vertical pixels that provide very high definition but more importantly target separation. Target separation not only provides the ability to separate fish that are close to each other but also close to structure and the bottom. With less separation you would have no idea there was a fish beside that stump/boulder or just off the bottom. This unit also gives you color that really helps define structure types and bottom transitions. For the extra money, it opens up a whole new world of the use of electronics in detailing what is below you. By the way i used to repair and adjust radar equipment so I know my way around these units. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you need help with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts