Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick up some old antler whether it be sheds, skull caps, broken pieces, burrs, etc.. going to start making some decor for the new house and possibly some lamps if I can find the right sheds. Not looking to go over board in pricing as it seems a fair price right now is between $3-$5 per pound. So if you have any sheds or anything you are willing to part with fairly cheap let me know. Prefer pick up in Springfield/Dayton area. I have looked on craigslist and ebay but they have BOGUS prices for sets and even individual sheds.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
How much or what size are you looking for? It's a shame I just gave away 8 or 9 scull caps. I had a heck of a collection going. I may have a few more I may part with.
I'm in Florida till the end of the week so it'll take a few days to check it out.

·
Rubber Duck aka Fish Bonz
320 Posts
I may have some sheds I have found, two nice ones you could have. I will look when I get home later this week. I have a cousin that lives in Dayton if he is coming up anytime soon I can jsut give them to him to bring down. i will get in touch if I still have them, only reason I wouldnt is if my kids took them to play outside or something and they turned into indian weapons!

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So you can posses but not sell according to that?
According to the revised code if you purchase or obtain any part of a deer from the wild in ohio you have to have an attached valid tag, seal, certificate of legal ownership, statement or receipt unless it is naturally shed antlers, which do not require any of that.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The antlers u buy at pet stores are typically from deer farms, not wild deer fyi
Doesnt matter, they are considered naturally shed antlers and do not have to have any such receipt, tag, seal, etc... thats the very first thing in the revised code stated below.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,199 Posts
Just type in "Deer Antlers" in Ebay,,, I just got 32,000+ to chose from.

Like Buy it Now, 10# for $39 & S&H
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-LBS-OF-OLD-DEER-ANTLER-DESIGN-DECOR-RUSTIC-CABIN-ANTLERS-HORNS-HOME-/370859962499?pt=US_Taxidermy&hash=item5658f9f083#ht_532wt_1101"]10 lbs of Old Deer Antler Design Decor Rustic Cabin Antlers Horns Home | eBay[/ame]

Even if you don't buy any,,, you'll get a butt-load of design ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.