WTB Bilge pump w/ float switch

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by jkeeney20, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jkeeney20

jkeeney20

0   0   0

Anyone got a used (working) bilge pump laying around or want to get rid of? I want one with a float switch....If you have just the float switch let me know as well...got an older pump I can hook it to for the time being. Also, if not, let me know where the cheapest place to get one online is...Oh, it doesn't have to be a big one....anything will work...Thanks!

2. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

0   0   0

Most walmarts carry bilge pumps. Check what size your existing hose is so you can match it with the pump.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

Rating - 93.3%
    15   1   0

i dont have an extra one, i did just put a second pump in my boat this spring. google bildge pumps and theres going to be plenty of sites to get one. i think you shoulds go with a new pump not a used one. a bildge pump is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 .lol. i got mine off ebay pretty cheap and it was brand new/in the box.

4. Chippewa

Chippewa

0   0   0

I second the walmart as far as finding the parts if you dont have a marine store local... and I would recomend a spare pump all set up with the hose and clips to hook to the battery... I found this out first hand 2 weekends ago when my waterpump was leaking and after a 7 mile run I looked in the bottom rod locker and it was full of water and up to the bottom of the motor and I turned on the bilge pump and it just dribbled out... We ended up just bailing it out and watching and limping it around fishing.. after I got home and took the back covers off to where I could reach the pump it ended being a sliver of plactic around the impeller of the bilge and it would not work... I dont know how your bilge is but most that i have seen you cannot reach it to tear it apart on the water .... So I now have a spare bilge pump with a hose that will reach over the side of the boat and clips that can be screwed on the battery.....

5. jkeeney20

jkeeney20

0   0   0

Its nothing major, I just need it for an old jon boat that I keep docked on the river....A few weeks ago we had a nice long rain storm and my boat almost sunk...so I was just wanting something cheap to hook to a lawn mower battery to keep down there so that when it got water so deep it would kick on and pump it out.....I got 2 on my bass boat already...just something to keep me from having to go down everyday to check it.....:)