close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wtb: arrows for target practice

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by dexterm16, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dexterm16

dexterm16

0   0   0

just bought a bow and i need to buy some arrows and a release if anyone has any message me.

2. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

You may want to provide more information for folks to work with. How long of arrows do you need? Aluminum or carbon? Draw weight to determine which arrows will work for you? I suspect that you may be new to archery and if so you can at least provide info on what bow you are shooting and hopefully someone will have some old unused arrows to pass on. Good luck!!

3. Bigun

Bigun

0   0   0

As stated be careful about your arrows and make sure they are suitable for your bow. There are pictures on the web of arrows that have been shot through archers arms when they broke during the shot.

4. dexterm16

dexterm16

0   0   0

the bow is a BEAR black panther with the following info: draw length 30", draw weight 65# and compound string length 36"

5. dexterm16

dexterm16

0   0   0

anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get some cheap?

6. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I don't have any suggestions on shops up your way but I would suggest that you find a local pro shop and take it to them for a quick assessment. They should be able to quickly determine whether the draw length fits you. If not hopefully there is enough variance in the bow's specifications to allow for it. They typically have the bows with 2-3 range of adjustment. You will be much better off if you determine up front the proper draw length. Not only will it affect the length of your arrows and possibly the spline stiffness but it will more importantly get your shooting mechanics off on the right foot. Hopefully someone can point you to a bow shop in your area. I would then start with buying about 3 arrows (with field tips) and shoot them for a while until you were certain of the setup working for you. Then you could go forward and buy a few more to equip with broadheads. I hope helps out some.

7. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

As far as getting some "cheap" I don't know you will really find any great deals. Depending on brands of arrows you will probably be looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $5-8 per arrow for a decent arrow. Stick with name brand arrows. You don't want to leave part of the learning curve to faulty equipment. Eaton, Beman, Gold Tip are some of the big names in arrows.

Good luck!