close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: 6'-7' heavy action cat rods

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Flathead King 06, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

0   0   0

Im looking for 2 heavy action 6-7 ft. catfishing rods...fairly cheap (under $20 each, because I can buy berkley big cats for $19.98 at wally world) for fishing in the river... can pick up if within a reasonable traveling distance and prefer to pay by check or money order (can also pay cash if pick up)...dont do pay pal

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

What kind are you looking for? Comparing a good river rod to the $20 Berkley rods is like comparing apples to oranges. I may be willing to seperate some of my rods. I have a Surge rod that is just too big (heavy) for my liking. I might sell it for $30 or a couple different rods for $50, or something like that. Let me know excatlly what your looking for.

3. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

to be honest...I dont know exactly what Im looking for except a good flathead hauling rod...I am only gunna use this rod maybe once or twice a year...so it isnt going to benefit me putting alot of money into it...

4. dip

dip dip

0   0   0

i'd be willing to take that surge pole off yer hands mellon!

5. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

FK.... Just my opinon, but I have it because of other way more experienced catfishermen than me have passed on the same type of advice. Make sure your equipment is capabale of hendeling what your targeting. Those Big Game rods by Berkley will cast 2 oz, maybe 3 but you'll be adding way too much stress on anything more than that. THe Shakespeare White Catfish rods are much better than the Berkley Big Game rods and they are only $6-12 (depending on where you buy them) more than the Big Game rods.

Also.... Bass Pro (in Cincy) has the 2006 Cat Maxx rods on clearance for $29, so that might be an options for you.

DIP....let me know if your coming down this way anytime soon.

6. jonk540

jonk540 jonk540

0   0   0

Hey Flathead King......
    I was looking at your fish totals and it looks more like you are the white bass king. LOL
    Just kidding
    Jon

7. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

One more thing, I wouldnt even consider a 6 foot rod for river fishing. A shorter rod like that could be used in a boat, but I would look @ 7 footers and longer for rivers. :)

8. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

0   0   0

i have a master 10ft rod with a gold 6000 that i would let got for 40

9. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

FK... I'd take him up on this! I've dealt w/ and spoken to Chrisoneal and he's a good guy to deal with!

10. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

Yea its gunna be a boat rod...and thanks for the info...I am really torn between 2 rods right now....I stopped over by my local paylake yesterday and found they had Tiger rods...and then with Basspro having the catmaxx on sale right now....not sure which way to go...but I am definitely going to buy something worth buying....thanks

11. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

You got any pictures of this outfit...not really looking for anymore 10'ers...but one for that much is definitely a deal!!!

12. chrisoneal

0   0   0

you got a email i can send you the pictures to

13. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

If price is not an option, I'd go w/ the Tiger. :) If price is an option, go w/ the Cat Max. (FYI: The '07 Cat Max rods seem to be wonderfull and I think it would be a toss up between the '07's & Tigers.)

14. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

15. chrisoneal

0   0   0

hey man i went fishing last night with that rod and reel and. I found out the the thing that goes back and forth to put the line on the reel. Sticks and doesnt allways work and you have to push it with ur finger to get to move again. I dont want to sell it to ya unless you want it. I dont want to sell junk and not make people happy.