WTB : 2003 or Newer 4Runner

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Zfish, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a 2003 to 2005 ish Toyota 4Runner with low miles without paying a fortune? I Sold our Taurus and my wife keeps trying to talk me into selling my Blazer and getting something newer. I'd really like to find a 4Runner if I end up doing anything at all

Reason for the 2003 or newer is that I really like that body style over 2002 and below

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

0   0   0

craigslist is a good place to look, along with autotrader. remember to haggle, SUVs are going cheap these days.

3. Zfish

0   0   0

I've been watching craigslist the last week or 2 like a hawk but havent found anything that was a really nice deal. THe one I did find turned out that it had a rebuilt title so that one kinda thew me off.

4. OakLane

OakLane

0   0   0

Toyota's have always carried higher than average re-sale values. I am kinda kicking around a new truck at the moment and was talking with my dealer yesterday.We have a great relationship,and he was saying since October,truck and S.U.V wholesale prices(auction) have increased roughly 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS.........Said they are having a tough time buying for re-sale with any kind of margin. Gas prices ticking down have driven up demand on a wholesale level again.

Crazy as it seems with the economy being in the crapper, but he is a friend with no reason to lie.Good luck in your search.You may want to call Jason at Sunnyside Toyota in N. Olmstead at 440-777-9911 as he is an avid outdoors man who sponsors other sites and has found more than a few guys deals on Toyo's.

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

0   0   0

Pathfinders are a nice and less costly alternative. I have a 2000 and it runs like a champ. Any pathfinder 2001 or newer has the award winning 3.5 litre engine. Unless you get the v8, which is good I hear.

6. Zfish

0   0   0

OakLane, Thanks I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

Mushijobah, I dont know much about the pathfinders. I may have to take a look into them.

I did see a 2003 on Columbus Craigslist and I sent them an email to get a little more details on it so we'll see. It was one of the uglier ones with the plastic towards the bottom though LOL

7. Zfish

0   0   0

Ended up getting one this weekend. I think I did pretty good :)