close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

written permission

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by traphunter, Aug 3, 2005.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I know that it is required to have written permission to hunt/trap on private land, but do you need written permission if you are on the private land, but not hunting or trapping? The reason I ask this is because the other day after me and my buddy got done scouting a man that watches over the land I guess came and asked us if we had written permisson. I explained to him that we were not hunting but was just scouting for deer. He said that its still required that we have written permission. I didnt argue with him to much about it though because we have permission from the land owner, we just hadnt signed the slips yet. SO was the man right about having written permission, even if you arnt hunting at the time? Thanks in advance,

2. No, he was wrong, or lying.
    From the regulations:
    At the same time, having it now can save some aggrevation from noisey neighbors. ;)

3. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

He was wrong about needing written permission as required by the DNR to be on the property hunting, fishing, etc, etc, etc,

However, had you not had the landowners permission to be on the property (walking around) you would have been in violation of tresspass laws. Nothing to do with the DNR and written permission, but a violation of city, county, state or all three, laws.

4. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Yes Im aware of that. Unfortunatly for them, some people think that those rules dont apply to them sometimes it seems like.

Thanks for the replys guys, I thought I was right.;)