close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WOW what a deal!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by swantucky, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I had a buddy a month or so ago ask me to haul some scrap steel for him out of his Mom's barn, on the way over he asked if I would also haul away an aluminum boat for scrap. The boat is a 14'er, no leaks that I have found, so I kept it. I have been looking for a cheap trailer with little luck. Last Saturday at the scrapyard a guy pulls in next to me a boat trailer that he is scrapping. I offer him $25 and he says its yours. Got the trailer home thinking I would have to modify it but the boat fits perfect!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to get a title for the boat.

Here is my $25 boat and trailer.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice deal:)
    first,determine if the boat requires a title.if less than 14 foot(like 13'11") it shouldn't.then check out the division of watercraft for registering requirements.they'll get you fixed up.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you're welcome.

4. Actually, I think the best way to register would be to drop it off at my house and then forget about it until I bring it back.:p

5. I once bought a boat that didn't have a title. It was a 15'. I didn't know then that boats had titles, so I never thought twice when I bought it. All he gave me was a registration and weight slip for the trailer. When I went to the BMV to get it switched over they just had me sign a sworn statement that the guy had sold it to me and then printed me up a title. Now that I think about it, if that is common practice then anyone could steal a boat and get it titled. That's not good.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Oh trust me...... it's not that sy anymore. ;)