Wow, what a day!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crazy4Smallmouth, May 8, 2008.

1. I just got back from two hours of fishing at a farm pond. It rained the whole time I was there, but when I left it was really pouring. Most of the time it was just a nice light rain that I hardly even noticed. The water was very clear and the moss was much worse than it was three weeks ago when I was there.

I made a few casts with my xrap and decided the moss was too much to keep fishing that bait. Of course, my next choice was a 6" June Bug Yum worm rigged Texas style without a sinker. My first cast produced a 3+ pounder, as did my next two casts. Wow, three casts, three 3+ pounders. Things settled down after that, but it was far from over. By the end of the day I caught 12 bass with 5 being over 3 pounds. Five more bass were over two pounds and just 2 bass were less than 2 pounds. All were caught on the worm. Sorry no pictures since I was fishing in the rain. You will have to take my word for it. I really needed a good day because I have been one frustrated fisherman this spring. Good days have been few for me this year.

Get out there and get'em. They are on fire today!

2. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Sounds like you had a good day. Congrats on the bass.

3. A bad day fishing always beats a good day at work...sounds like it was even better for you:)

4. Nice Job Crazy4smallmouth, its always nice to have those good fishing days.

5. Hoghead

Hoghead FRIED FISH FEAR ME

Great day! Nice fish -congrats!