close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WOW ! What a Crappie

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by Phil Carver, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Man , wouldnt you like to catch one like this ? :)

[​IMG]

That thing is a HAWG !

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

yep, thats a NICE ONE...Where was it caught?

3. Thats a MONSTER CRAPPIE.....Nice Fish !

4. That is another pic of the new Kentucky state record that the lady caught earlier this year on Mother's Day. That thing don't hardly look real because it is so stinking huge.:eek:

5. The fish weighed in a 4lb 14oz!

Here is the link to the discussion a little while back about it along with an article about it.

6. eastfork go one of those in there.

7. sbreech

sbreech El Fly Guy

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Brian, your link didn't work.

How long did it measure?!

Thats one heck of a :B !

9. I've never seen a crappie close to that size.

Here's a link to Kentucky Dept of Fish & Wildlife, the story's about 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://fw.ky.gov/insidefw052005.asp

10. spfldbassguy

spfldbassguy CJ Wolfpack

I might've had to change my underwear after bringing that monster Crappie in:Dlol.

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

Shoooooweee that's a crappie

12. Intimidator

Intimidator Banned

I've often dreamed of Crappie that size!:):):)

The State Record for Crappie in South Carolina is 5 POUNDS 1 OZ for a White Crappie...I only know that because my neighbor in SC was a Master Crappie fisherman. He had 2 FULL Metal Stringers with Mounts of the 3 pound plus Crappie he had caught over the years.
    One day he yelled at me and asked me to come check out the Crappies he caught at Lake Marion.
    He had a huge mess of BIG Crappies and then pulled out a 4.42 pounder (it was mounted alone on driftwood)....I told him it had to be at least a State Record and he just laughed and told me it wasn't even close....I have never forgotten the size of that thing, and have never been close to catching one that would even go on one of his stringers!:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  13. Wow! Great for her! What a MONSTER!!!!!!

14. NIce - Always good to see a slab like that. I am sure that was fun to catch.