close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow what a Bad week

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FactuaL, May 8, 2008.

1. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

i hate when the cold fronts come through and i have to finesse fish all day.
    it kinda a sucks when i have to work a worm on the bottom ever so slowly to entice a bass to strike. i fished my yacht club today and managed two Largemouth 3 pounders 19 inchers or so. My back is killing me from all that standing in one place for that long. working a Bass worm on a Bad day is bad for my young back.. but wat the hell its fishing.. i managed to meet a couple good guys off the OGF forums and they all seem pretty cool. We met up at the Yacht club and fished last week but got skunked in the rain and cold. So i have been scouting for the fish so they will have a good experiece around the docks the next time we meet up.. I cant wait for the Big lake rock bass to show up again..i have caught a few fishohios already but i have to fish for them for hours to find one.. It will be another good week or two before the fish really start picking up around the docks..

i anticipate after the walleye night bite.. right around memorial Day..

2. Factual,
    I have read where you have talked about rockbass before. Do you eat them, if so, how are they? I have caught them in the past but always released them.

3. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

i CAN MAKE a rock bass taste as good as a crappie.. I filet all my fish and marinate them.. Try the filets with a good Ritz cracker crumb batter and you will be in for a treat.. The crust and batter makes a fish taste good or bad.. For me i make them taste good.. Real good..

4. I have had them a couple of times they are good in my opinion. I really didn't keep any but when i did have it i liked it.